First off, I love my mom dearly and I (for the most part) respect her, but to be honest, it sometimes feels like she can't even look me directly in the eye.

The main problem, in my opinion, is that she doesn't know how to just simply "talk" to me. Her idea is hollering and yelling at me about every little thing that goes wrong in the house (when in all reality it isn't a big deal in the first place). She gets so uptight over the smallest things, and I always try my best to make sure everything in the house is kept well.

Honestly though, it feels like she doesn't respect me at all, which is understandably quite annoying. She always throws the guilt trip on me whenever I won't lend her money for gas and bills (says stuff like "well i always take you out for lunch, I pay the bills, etc), and I agree with that, but here's the thing; she spends a lot of her money on the lottery.

Surprisingly though, she wins frequently, but still, she would definitely have more cash left over if she would stop spending so much cash on the lottery.

It's also almost infuriating when she constantly complains about me buying soda pop and mountain dews (I love the stuff, but she absolutely is repulsed by it), yet she spends about 20 bucks a day (or more) on scratch off tickets. It's just so frustrating. She tells me that soda is bad for you (I know it is, but I think the taste, especially mountain dew, is the greatest thing ever), yet she (I know for a fact) is addicted to gambling.

We're just at each other's heads constantly.

But alright look, I know that i'm still living under her roof, and i'm only 18, but it would be sort of nice for her to show at least some respect for me. What should I do? Is it me? Is it her? Is it both of us?

I have a job, I work hard at school, and i'm TRYING to save cash for the future.