"I want to transcode approximately 5TB of C300 mxf video files to mpeg-2 for Adobe AE CS6.however i can't import my C300 foootage to Adobe AE CS6 with mpeg-2 codec.How can I make it to successfully?if i need a Converter to convert Canon C300 videos to Adobe supported video format.””

The Canon EOS C300 supports the highest HD quality with Full HD 1920×1080 recordings.up to 50Mbps bit rate and 4:2:2 color sampling.To accomplish your task without too much quality loss as well as quickly, an all-in-one Canon EOS C300 MXF Converter is recommended. Here we suggest you give a go with Aunsoft TransMXF for Mac, This can fastest and easiest convert C500/XF200/XF105/XF100/XF305/XF300 MXF to ProRes MOV, AIC MOV, DVCPRO MOV, DNxHD MOV, H.264 MOV, etc optimal for Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere, etc. Now just download it and follow the steps below to get this program work smoothly for you to import raw C300 MXF to Adobe AE CS6.

Adobe After Effects/AE CS6 supported video formats:

“3GPP(3GP, 3G2, AMC), requires QuickTime installed; MPEG-2(MPG, M2P, M2V, M2P, M2A, M2T); DV (in MOV or AVI container or as container-less DV stream); MPEG-4(MP4, M4V); QuickTime(MOV).”

This article is a simple tutorial to transcode C300 MXF videos to mpeg-2 for Adobe AE CS6 editing systems on Mac.. It’s also a better option for Canon XF205 and Canon XF series camera users can follow the steps too.

This converter can be easily found via Google with keywords "Aunsoft TransMXF for Mac".

To edit C300 MXF to FCP, choose "Apple Prores422 (.MOV)"
To edit C300 MXF to iMovie, choose "Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (.MOV)"
To edit C300 MXF to Avid, select "Avid DNxHD (*.MOV)"
To edit C300 MXF to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, choose "WMV (VC-1)(*.wmv) "

Step1: Load Canon C300 MXF Clips

Click “add videos”to load individual videos, or click "add from folder" to load the entire folder.

Step2: Choose MPEG-2 as output formats

Choose output format. Click “Format” bar, you can get optimized videos for Adobe >MPEG-2 (*.mpg). If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc.

Step3: Set audio and video profile (optional)

Click “settings”,The default profile will keep high quality of output MPEG-2 for Movie studio HD 11. You can click the triangle icon to open the options to set profile like video Bitrate.

Step4. Start convert Canon C300 MXF footage to mpeg-2

Click the “Convert” icon to convert Canon C300 MXF footage to mpeg-2. The TransMXF for Mac will run Canon MXF clips to mpeg-2 conversion processing fast.

TransMXF for Mac can also import Canon C300 MXF files to FCPX via exporting ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ and ProRes 4444.

useful guides

Canon C300 MXF to Apple ProRes HQ MOV

deliver Canon XF205 MXF to FCP6/7/X

transfer and merge AG-HPX600 MXF to iMovie/FCE

convert 4K MXF to MOV for FCP

transcode MXF to Apple Prores