"I am a user of Nikon D7100. and i have some footage to be edit in FCP on mac but FCP could not recognize H.264 mov files. Is there anyone also using Nikon D7100?any advice to merge/edit D7100 H.264 MOV in FCP"

Nikon D7100, the update of D7000, is a high-end product of the DSLR series which includes high resolution photo and full HD videos. brings a thrilling new level of image quality, speed, connectivity and creative capabilities—a specially designed 24.1-megapixel DX-format image sensor, superior low-light performance, ultra-precise autofocus and metering, advanced video recording features, built-in HDR, mobile connectivity and much, much more.It supports full HD 1080p videos and records at 60i, 60i ,30, 25 and 24 frames per second, and the HDMI output is supported for playing back on an HDTV.

But if you want to edit them in traditional nonlinear editing programs such as FCP, Adobe Premiere, iMovie/FCE and so on, it becomes a pain because the H.264 codec is not well supported by FCP, etc.

Below is a simple tutorial to convert and compress D7100 H.264 MOV to ProRes422 MOV for FCPX editing.Let's take a look!

This converter can be easily found via Google with keywords "Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac".

Step1: Load D7100 H.264 MOV videos to iMedia Converter for Mac

Click "add videos" to load individual videos, or click"add from folder"to load the entire folder.

Step 2. Choose format.

Click Format and choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422 HQ.the best video format for FCPX.

Step3: Set audio and video profile

Click Settings, you can fix the size to 1920*1080 to get better video quality; you can also fix the bitrate, frame rate as what you need.

Step 4. Start D7100 H.264 MOV videos to ProRes422 MOV

Click the “Convert” icon to transcode D7100 H.264 MOV videos to ProRes422 HQ MOV. The iMedia Converter for Mac will run XDCAM MXF to MOV conversion processing fast, you can check the progress bar easily.

more 4k raw guides

Canon EOS raw C300 MXF to Prores FCP

Sony 4K MXF to MOV for FCP without XAVC Plug-in

convert Canon C500 MXF files to Multi-track Apple ProRes 422

transfer Sony 4K MXF to FCP MOV

transcode FDR-AX1 4K XAVC S to ProRes422

transcode MXF to Apple ProRes