The Canon EOS-1D C features 4K RAW output signal is debayered and converted to three 4K components which are recorded internally on to the CF card, as well as HD. The 4K is recorded as Motion JPEG while the HD is recorded as H.264. The video tracks are stored in a MOV file format. The picture editor we're working with would like the files delivered as ProRes 422 1080x1920p. So I need to convert Canon 4K raw to ProRes MOV. But I got some problem with 4K footage.

We all know that Final Cut Pro provides non-linear, non-destructive editing of any QuickTime compatible video format. However, I tried importing to FCPX v.10.0.9, and the file did convert to ProRes 422, but it's still 4096x1080. In order to work with 4K in most NLE programs, I guess I need to transcode it to a more manageable file size. So I turn to Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, the only one that can output both 4096x1080 and 1920x1080 video for me. And this program is the most intuitive one I tried.

Moreover I can also convert 60p/50p H.264 HD MOV to Apple ProRes , the most compatible video codec with FCP, then these Full HD MOV files supported by FCP will be easily achieved. As a multiple video supported conversion tool, iMedia Converter for Mac can also help me convert 4K video in MXF, XAVC and AVCHD format.

If you are windows user,you can choose Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate

Below is a simple tutorial to help you import 4K RAW HD MOV to FCP as ProRes 422 1080x1920p.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/

Step 1: Import 4k video

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load 4K raw video or HD video recorded by Canon 1D C.

Step 2: Choose ProRes 422 as output formats

Click the "format" and choose the "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov)" files as the output format for FCP.

Step 3: Set video size as 1080x1920p

Click "Settings" on the main interface, you can choose video size as 1080x1920p.

Step 4: Transcode 4K raw/HD MOV to ProRes 422

Click "Conversion" icon ,b]iMedia Converter for Mac will start work. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV quickly. You can preview the converted MOV with Video Converter for Mac, as well as FCP to compare bitrate and video quality between output ProRes 422 HQ and raw 4k or HD MOV.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/