"I have some videos—shown as XAVC files from a Sony f55, the files are really good in quality, high definition indeed, or rather, the true 4K videos. but the problem is, I need to edit them in programs like FCP, but how can I do with these xavc firstly? I google some apps, but only come with bad video effect, so, can you please offer some tips to help me out? Thanks."

The Sony f55 features 4K XAVC output signal is debayered and converted to three 4K components which are recorded internally on to the CF card, as well as HD. The 4K is recorded as Motion JPEG while the HD is recorded as H.264. The video tracks are stored in a MOV file format. The picture editor we're working with would like the files delivered as ProRes 422 1080x1920p. So I need to merge f55 4K XAVC MXF to FCP ProRes422 MOV. But I got some problem with 4K footage.

Moreover I can also convert 60p/50p H.264 HD MOV to Apple ProRes , the most compatible video codec with FCP, then these Full HD MOV files supported by FCP will be easily achieved. As a multiple video supported conversion tool, iMedia Converter for Mac can also help me convert 4K video in MXF, XAVC and AVCHD format.

Here I would like to share my experience on create ProRes MOV from F55 4k XAVC with separate audio for FCP editing.

This converter can be easily found via Google with keywords "Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac".

Step1: Load MXF files to Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load file. You can also directly drag files to the program. The program supports batch conversion and allows you capture images.

Step2: Choose ProRes 422 as output formats

Just converting F55 4k XAVC to ProRes422 for FCP you should choose the "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov)" files as the output format for FCP.

Transcode F55 4k XAVC to ProRes422 HQ MOV with separate audio,Click the "format" and choose the "Multi-track Video -> Multi-track Apple ProPres 422 HQ (*.mov)" files as the output format.

Step3: settings

Click "settings" to preserve separate audio tracks in original file. The screenshot shows 4 tracks of audio, if your source XAVC MXF with 2 tracks, you will get 2 channels here. If you don’t want to keep all audio tracks, you can uncheck undesired ones. You also can mix multi-audio tracks into individual track.

Tips:

High quality, medium quality and low quality of video bitrate are formulated by Apple ProRes, and the 30mbps in ProRes HQ output is an estimated value.

Step4: Conversion

Click "Start Conversion" icon, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac Mac will convert F55 4k XAVC to ProRes422 with separate audio for post production in FCP. Following the steps above, you can also transcode 4k raw NXF to ProRes easily.

more 4k raw guides

Canon EOS raw C300 MXF to Prores FCP

Sony 4K MXF to MOV for FCP without XAVC Plug-in

convert Canon C500 MXF files to Multi-track Apple ProRes 422

transfer Sony 4K MXF to FCP MOV

transcode FDR-AX1 4K XAVC S to ProRes422

Transcode mxf to apple prores