I tried to convert P2 MXF audio to MP3 so that I can send it off to a transcriber to create transcriptions of the interviews I did. But the transcriber told me that the audio jumps. So I posted to ask for help. Luckily, a best advice solves my problem.

The product I need is a converter that will help me to merge the audio to the video so that I can hear the audio. I download the trial version of Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac. Now I can view footage that is in MXF very easily using this program since there's no conversion. When it comes to converting MXF audio to MP3, it also works. The audio plays flawlessly with transcriber. Lately, I learn that Pro is best to deal with audio issue, such as audio/video out pf sync, audio missing and audio cut-off. It can help me merge audio with the video when transcoding P2 MXF to MP4, HD AVI, ProRes, etc. What's more, no matter P2 MXF recorded by 2, 4, 8 or more audio tracks, you can preserve, separate and mix multichannel from source MXF easily. Great!

Actually, I'm also considering about Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. Yes, Pro is a master of audio tracks preserving. But iMedia is more versatile. It can not only import P2 MXF, 4K MXF, Op1a MXF, etc, but also can convert MTS, MOD, TiVO, etc. More than 50 types of imput and output formats make it possible to handle almost all video to video and video to audio conversion.

Below is a simple tutorial to transcode P2 MXF to MP3 with audio.

1. Add MXF recordings

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load file. You can also directly drag files to the program. Batch conversion is available here.

2. Select output format

Click "Format". You can input "MP3" in the quick search box then select "MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)" as the output format. Or you can select "Common Audio > MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)" from the drop-down list.

3. Trim the audio length (Optional)

The equipped built-in editor tool allows you to trim the video length, so you can get your desired audio. Click "Edit" icon and then hit "Trim" button. Here you can drag the slide block to decide the start time and end time. Or you can input the start time and end time in the corresponding box.

4. Conversion

Click "Start Conversion" icon, TransMXF Pro for Mac will convert P2 card MXF to MP3 at ultrafast speed. You can preview output file when conversion completed. During the conversion, you can click "Pause" to control the conversion process.