In the dream, I think I was on a class field trip with my World Affairs teacher (I went to a few museums with the class before Christmas break, so that was probably the reason for that). I don't know where we were, but I went to the ladies room and went to stand on front of the mirror. I saw a guy about my age standing behind me, holding a big gun--I don't remember what kind it was. But he hit me on my lower back with the butt of it and knocked me to the floor. Then he started shooting me in the back, multiple times. I got the feeling that he was mad and me for something and was getting revenge, but I don't remember what for.

I didn't die or loose consciousness, or wake up. I just lay still on the floor, crying, so that he wouldn't hit me anywhere vital, even though I should've been dead already. But finally he stopped shooting me and left. It was incredibly painful, but I hauled myself up and stumbled out of the bathroom. I could feel the blood running down my back, so I knew I was becoming soaked in it. But I went to my teacher and turned around to show her, and she screamed and started trying to get help.

But then the dream suddenly started over and I was in the bathroom again. I saw the guy in the mirror again, but this time he punched me to the floor and started whipping my back with one of those whips that have several shortish leather straps attached to a handle.

I don't remember anything after he started whipping me, so my dreams must've turned to other things or I just woke up. But what could this dream have meant? I don't usually have nightmares. Should I be worried?