I've been commisoned to write a short (less than 2 min) introduction for a speaker that will give a speech for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. This is what I have:

Good morning faculty, students and distinguished my name is Kevin Griffen and I am a senior here at Crispus Attucks Medical Magnet High School. Today I have the pleasure of introducing President Robert Manuel of the University of Indianapolis. President Manuel previously served as an associate provost and Dean of Continuing Studies at Georgetown University. Soon after his announcement of his appointment as President of the University of Indianapolis the board of trustees chair Robert Wingerter commented on his clear-cut vision for higher education and the ability to turn vision into action. President Manuel has certainly done this by revamping Georgetown’s only part-time bachelors degree program, launching nine masters degree programs and increasing enrollment in all programs by 200%. Working more than 20 years in higher education has provided him great success as he sits on the advisory board for Continuing Higher Education Review and as chair of the national conference for the University Professional Continuing Education Association. As president at the University of Indianapolis he continues to guide a clear-cut vision by implementing Vision 2020 a comprehensive strategic planning process that seeks to improve three prominent areas the student experience, faculty/staff experience and community involvement and engagement. Without out further ado please join me in welcoming Dr. Robert Manuel.