I'm sure we all have that family member whose knowledge for computers is almost nonexistent, yet they continue to computers anyways. I've allowed my mother to use my computer for a day, and upon using my computer afterwards, I've noticed a new shortcut on my desktop. Apparently, my mother has installed Open Download Manager.

I'm not as clueless as my mother is when it comes to computers, so of course, I opened up the Control Panel and uninstalled ODM -- all the basic steps to uninstall yet another annoying program. However, the effects of ODM on my browsers still remain.

As far as I understand, Open Download Manager is software used to shorten download time, mostly. While, yes, I've uninstalled ODM and (hopefully) all of it's files and components from my computer, when I download a file on either Chrome, Firefox, and even Internet Explorer -- ANY of my browsers -- the download speed continues to speed up. As if I've never uninstalled ODM.

Shorter download time is absolutely nothing to turn away at, but the problem is that not only does it shorten the download time, but also cuts off the file. For example, suppose this is happening in a normal instance:

I want to download a 5-minute song. So I press the download button, and the file takes about three minutes to download. I play the song, and it's all there -- all 5 minutes. Everything's fine.

But with ODM, I will download the same exact 5-minute song. The difference is, once I press the download button, the file takes only about twenty seconds to download. I play the song and it's shortened to 45 seconds, rather than the full, 5-minute song.

This is what this software is doing to my downloads. And as a PC gamer, it is /extremely/ irritating.

Now I'm going to use a real instance, though not many of you would understand, I fear.

I'm an osu! player. So I wanted to download a new beatmap. [I'll go by the name "Daisy" for the beatmap, because that's actually the name of the map I want.] So I click the download for Daisy, and there it goes at the bottom left of Chrome on the downloads bar. It goes from 4 minutes, to 2 minutes, and then the download finishes in all about ten seconds. I then open the beatmap file. Once it opens in osu!, it gives me the "this beatmap is corrupt" message. And this isn't just with Daisy. It's with every single other beatmap I try to download. Although I've uninstalled ODM, it's still messing with the files I'm downloading.

Open Download Manager is uninstalled on my computer. I know this for sure. I've also run a disk defragmenter to get rid of all the extra components that still linger. My downloads STILL aren't back to normal.

I've tried everything, and this has caused me so much stress. As an almost-last resort, I've even tried to re-install ODM to see if I could uninstall it as a whole, but I wasn't able to install it again for some reason. (I believe the installation was corrupt. "/SILENCE" is what it read.)

Now, I think this actually /is/ my last resort. I can find no solutions to this. So please, if anyone knows how to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, I feel I should mention that if your solution involves installing a program to help me out, I would normally oblige to that, but as you know, my downloads are all screwed up. I'm unable to install or download anything until I get this damned program off my computer. I'm pretty desperate, as you can probably tell.

Thanks for your time.