Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why can't my PC run litecoin mining programs?

I have a PC with Windows 7, a Radeon HD 6950, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, and 8GB of RAM. Everytime I run cgminer it either stops working before it even starts or close immediately after opening. GUIminer-scrypt keeps showing up as an icon on my taskbar briefly but also disappears after a few seconds. Why would this be happening and what can I do to fix it? I have the AMD 12.8 Driver installed as well as the SDK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uninstall all your drivers, reboot and do a fresh install. After that look for the OPENCL drivers and install
    those.

Make sure you download GUIMINER from a reputable place, i've seen allot of infected GUIMINER.

Your card is supported and should mine at about 390/400k. Decent.

The reason your screen goes blank and starts up again might be due to your GUIMINER settings.
    You might need to tweak them. Did you try loading the GUIMINER defaults for your card? If you did that
    and it still bugs out, search the web to see setting others used.

Another tip, make sure your fans are all working and that airflow is maximized to avoid heating up your card.
    I also recommend you install a software that monitors the GPU and CPU heat and keep it under 80 celcius
    at all times.

I've been getting about $10/week+ mining Litecoin and playing the market. I mine litecoin 1 day and then
    a smaller coin 1day. Building my portfolio.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should try to look for a driver that supports the software or an update. In any case, I hope you didn't spend money on that BitCoin mining program, BE CAREFUL OF SCAMS!!!! You might want to just delte it altogether and look for some other kind of software altogether. It could be a virus! But with any luck it was just poorly coded.