Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Technika Flat Screen TV, Built in DvD player freaking out, flickering on the DvD

menu... Help!? Basically my DvD player is flickering between the DvD (read disk) screen and black (Looks like it's trying to start to DvD to me but I'm not an expert) after not even half a second it flickers back to the DvD (Read Disk) screen.
    I have tried turning it to HDMI, Ipod and even PC screens, but it just goes back to DvD and starts again.

It is not the DvD inside the machine because there wasn't one inside when it first started (I then stupidly thought that putting my brand new, and clean DvD into the machine would help fix the problem, because it seemed to be trying to read a disk that wasn't there, but no such joy)
    When I try to eject the disk it makes a loud clicking noise (Really hard to describe but it sounds like it's damaging the disk anyway!)

Can someone please help me here because I don't know what's going on and it wasn't like this when I used it a few days ago, and I just turned it on tonight and it was doing it so it seems really random.
    I have read on another message board about resetting the TV to factory settings, but I wanted to see if there was anything else I could possibly try before doing that because I didn't set it up!

There are strong winds in my area tonight, could this have caused it by any chance?
    It's also not the plug because I tried moving it to another plug and it did the same thing.

The TV is less than 3 years old and I only really use it to watch DvD's (And occasionally some TV and playing some games too) so I would be devastated if it was broken as I can't afford a new one! So please can someone help me if they can!
    Thanks

(sorry for the rambling information, just wanted to tell you every single factor before I posted so you don't have to ask questions
    If you need a video of what exactly is happening, I have one on my phone and can post it for you later)
    @AVDADDY
    I agree with what you are saying, however your comment is totally un-useful to me

Downloads
    Uploads
    You bought a cheap crap product from a cheap crap manufacturer. You are extraordinarily fortunate to have gotten more than two years of service from this turkey. Wind has nothing to do with it.