Opinions from believers in Bible prophecy concerning the technological state of...

daniel

May 12, 2008
...the world in the future? As many know, the Bible often uses symbolism, and personally I don't see any so called nuclear prediction in the Bible, nukes don't rot eyes, it seems that verse people bring up to make a case for a nuclear war are just stupid and ignorant when it comes to the Bible. I wonder though, just out of curiosity, as to what you Bible prophecy believers think on the Bible's omission of strong language indicating the invention of guns. I know God doesn't have to mention some specific method of destruction for a prophecy concerning some violent event to be valid, like when the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans was predicted, which involved some advanced tech like siege towers and torsion type catapults, or rather giant "bows", yet Jesus didn't indicate in anyway such devices would be used, but I wonder if, by only talking swords, bows and horses being used in the battles in the last days (specifically the days past 2013), if by omission and only mentioning those, that God is implying an emp event will occur and or some economic and health catastrophes that will cause the world to revert to a mostly per-industrial state, mostly.

I think, that if out tech remained the same from 2013 and on, or got better, that the Bible might seemingly say something that would better indicate guns, missiles or bombs and not something that wouldn't be seen as glaringly inaccurate by atheists, like them saying, "Swords and bows were not used by so and so against the so and so, clearly the people who wrote the Bible were just guessing and lack the sophistication to predict more advanced weapons, guns are not bows". Like perhaps God would have said, "And they will melt their weapons of steel into plows" or "and they will take apart their weapons of fire" or "use their weapons of fire to plow through the earth rather than kill" (like to mine).

Ultimately, I'm just wondering if the Bible's omission of specific advanced tech, electronics and what they can be used to make, guns, and plastic ones these days, is perhaps a warning that I should if put have some back up electronics in a emp proof cage. I'm not supposed to answer my own question/s here, so have fun answering or benefit from pondering.
"Ask Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty." why would I want to do that evil psychopath when I'm asking Bible believers, not morons like you who are filled with hate and babble nonsense? Stop babbling about imaginary characters and seeking their help. The atheist has contributed nothing as usual, only a pointless waste of time in his resentment that God will not bow down to his evil worthless immoral self.
Anthony, it doesn't make what sort of prophesy? If you mean referring to specific tech, I just pointed out the obvious, that it does reference specific tech, talk about ignorant. Learn to make a point and get evidence for what you say.

And theo, no offense that is a long unrelated pretentious rant. You didn't answer what I am talking about, but went off on all kinds of annoying tangents.
John: "Why is North America omitted from the Bible? Well maybe it is not there anymore and that great empire is laid to waste"

You're not supposed to answer a question with a question, that's annoying. Also there's no reason America would need to be laid waste when as I pointed out, there's other forms, which the Bible mentions to retract the power of someone, including a nation.

And Bruce, there's no evidence for what you say, you're like the resurrection deniers Paul mentioned that destroy faith. You're as bad as an atheist that won't look up evidence for the Bible, or ignores it, and just sticks with his resentful and arrogant feelings, angry that he can't make his assumptions fit reality, but so hateful, he just continues repeating his error.
nameless, you're obviously a demon influenced or possessed moron.

And back to anthony, it seems you're putting words in my mouth, did I say the Bible was about predicting tech, no idiot, I simply ask why it doesn't mention certain kinds that are widespread in the last days to do with war, WHICH IT DOES MENTION OFTEN. Idiot. I'd bet your a false Christian.

Back