I watched this a long time ago so I can't really remember the title though I do remember bits and pieces of the film.

The world has made it possible to implement video game mechanics to real life. For example, the main character is a prison inmate (I think) forced to participate in some sort of gladiatorial match against other people. The twist is, there are average Joe's/gamers who gets to control these human beings with some kind of device. The top video gamer with the highest ranking and stats is the one that controls the main character. This death match is broadcasted, so it's treated like a game.

The main character convinces his controller to let him move freely, and promises to win him the match. His controller agrees but instead of participating in the match, the main character drinks alcohol, runs to the nearest vehicle, vomits the alcohol back out to give the car some fuel, and escapes imprisonment.

I remember the following scene EXTREMELY WELL.

Out in the "game world," there are people walking around. We see a really attractive female approaching another attractive character and she starts conversing (I want to say flirting, but I'm not quite sure what they talked about). Then the scene shifts to a huge, fat, and depressing guy eating melted chocolate in a dark room in front of his T.V. Whatever the guy said, the female repeated, implying that he was her controller and he was having her talk or flirt with random guys.

10 points for anyone who got the right answer