I have a Photon 4G LTE. I have a 32gb micro SD card installed. When I plug my phone into my computer, it mounts as a removable hard drive. I am able to transfer files. Specifically, I am trying to transfer a bunch of music files (25gb-worth or so - I like my music). They transfer fine. When I look at the space used on the card, it is at the correct level (say, 80% full). When I disconnect my phone from my computer, then pull up my SD card files in my phone, 98% of the files have been deleted. The folders will be there, but there are no music files in them. When I plugged the phone back into the computer, the storage space used was vastly reduced (back down around 2%).

I removed the SD card and plugged it into my computer via an adapter. I transferred the files to the card without a problem. I disconnected the adapter, then re-inserted it. They were still there, exactly where they should be. I plugged the card back into my phone, and the files were deleted as described above.

I took my phone into a store. A complete factory reset was done.

I repeated both of the above steps a third time. Again, the same thing happened.

I switched to a brand new card and repeated both of the above steps, with identical results.

I attempted using iSyncr, an app to sync my iTunes playlists to my phone. The app took its time working through all of them, and again, when I disconnected and attempted to access the files, they were no longer on the card.

What is going on!!!!! This is driving me crazier. I have had several other Android phones, and none of them have given me this kind of irritation. Transferring files to an SD card is not a complicated process. I have tried multiple cards, different brands. Everything works fine until I put the card into my phone, at which point my files are eaten.

I like this phone, but the inability to have more than 10 or so songs on a 32gb card is ridiculous. Please advise of what could be causing this problem. I have tried everything I can think of...even the tech guy at my local Sprint store had no clue what could be causing it.