A few days ago, I was sitting in the middle of the bed in our small apartment doing work on my laptop and speaking to my husband who was standing by the door that enters the living room from the bedroom. We were both stopped mid conversation by the sound of a bell ringing coming from the living room. The ringing sounded like a small dinner bell and lasted for about one or two seconds. My husband and I confirmed that we had both heard the bell and went to see what it could have been. There are absolutely no bells in our apartment with the exception of the bell on our cat's collar. However, the cat's collar is currently in a cabinet drawer. There are not even any ring tones or notification sounds similar to a bell tone on our mobile phones or other devices. We do not have anyone else that lives in the house and the television was not on. If I had been the only one to hear the bell then I would pass it off as my imagination, however, since my husband heard it as well, I am wondering what this could have been as I cannot provide a solid, educated answer.