Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good Halloween recipes?

Give me recipes for halloween! Cakes, pies, cookies, anything! I'm planning to put on a great halloween party and am searching for fun recipes that work. Link me to recipes on the internet, describe ones you've put together yourself, anything that I can make for a great party. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mummy Cake For Special Halloween!
    INGREDIENTS
    VANILLA CAKE:
    3 cups cake flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    4 large eggs, room temperature
    2/3 cup milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    DIRECTIONS
    To bake the cake:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a baking sheet (13 x 18-inch) with parchment.
    In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until softened. Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating on medium speed, until well combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl after each. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
    Spread the batter evenly over the prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes in the center of the oven, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool the cake on a rack.
    Once the cake is cool, use a coffin shaped cookie cutter to cut the cake. Reserve 1/2 cup of the scraps to use in the raspberry frosting.
    To make the ganache: In a large saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat, just to a simmer. Remove from heat; add the chocolate chips and butter. Swirl the pot to make sure all the chips are covered with the hot cream. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then gently stir until smooth. If using, stir in the rum.
    Place the cut cakes on a cooling rack, set over a baking sheet lined with parchment. Pour the ganache over the coffin cakes, making sure to cover the sides. Once they are all covered, let them sit until the ganache can set firm.
    To make the frosting: Mix together the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla, until very smooth and fluffy. Add the heavy cream to create a frosting that will be soft enough to pipe a smooth line. Stick your finger in the frosting and when it comes out in a smooth point, it is ready. Divide the frosting into two bowls; add the raspberry preserves to one of them. Stir in 1/2 cup of cake scraps until smooth.
    Using a small round pastry tip, pipe out the outline of the mummy on top of the ganache.
    Use a very small, straight tip (the kind you would use when piping a basket weave), to pipe the mummy's wrapping.
    Happy Halloween!

Downloads
    Uploads
    jACKEY321 ! Your shared recipe information is very helpful for me. I think you have great interest in cooking. I am food lover and Mummy Cake for Special Halloween is my favorite. Now I can make this Cake at home easily.
    Last edited by Zavier23; 09-04-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now Zavier! If you are food lovers so would you like to share with me some your favorite recipes? I’m also foods lover and searching some different amazing recipes. I’m waiting for you reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    jACKEY321 ! I must say you have a great love with cooking and expert in this field. Your shared recipe is really nice and easy to understand that how to bake a Mummy Cake for Special Halloween. This time I must try it on Halloween. Kind regards!!