Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

My thoughts are with those in this war it is terrible. My country has been fighting for over a decade, we are tired of war. For what it is worth I do not believe that the middle east will ever see peace. Let them settle their own fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

Are you going to strap on some body armour and an M-16 and fight the war you're mongering for? No? I thought not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

I strapped on body armor and an M-16 to fight for my country in Iraq and Afghanistan. You don't know me or what I've done. Yet you think you can judge me from behind a computer screen. Who the hell do you think you are?

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

I don't suppose you saw any WMD's when you were in Iraq?

I think the question that should be asked is who benefits from the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syria Gov?

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

But are you willing to go and fight in Syria having served in Iraq and Afghanistan? Are you willing to send others to fight in Syria knowing what they are going to face?

The question doesn't change because you served before. If anything it makes it more relevant because you know the cost better than anyone. Would you volunteer to spend another 12 months away from your family dodging IEDs to fight Assad's regime?

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

I'll tell you who DOESN'T benefit. Israel. From an objective standpoint, Israel is far better off with Assad in control than with the Islamist element within the FSA gaining power. Yet Israel intelligence has published findings that Assad has used chemical weapons repeatedly in the past few months.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/26/17926504-obama-reiterates-chemical-weapons-would-be-game-changer?lite

Seems like a reliable source to me given that their pragmatic self-interest is with Assad, not the FSA.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

I think that's quite a logical assumption, if such a thing exists. However I think we should also consider that some sides within the Israeli power structures, perhaps with the influence of other major powers, may see taking down Iran's ally as a more important goal than keeping the current stability in place. Just a thought of course.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

US media just gave a special TV report from the VP that wasn't definitive but sounded a whole lot like justification for impending air strikes against Syrian military targets.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed the UK has bowed out of intervening. I'm too tired to go into why I think interventionalism is a good thing in general, but focusing just on the chemical attacks I think something needs to happen. What's the point in having international laws if nothing happens when you break them? Even if you don't respond to it militarily at least put out a trial for Assad or something. Yeah it won't be much more than a symbolic gesture but its something at least and its better than the normal "you're very naughty" speech people have been giving for pretty much 2 years now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syria-Possible Sarin use

So what do you replace it with? I guess there's enough young people prepare to die but for what? People from the Middle East should be allowed to vote in the US elections. The results effect them more than it does US residents

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast