Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Jury just in. Not guilty in Zimmerman Martin case. Hopefully as an aside more CCW carriers will also learn some basic ground fighting so this public spectacle and expense wont happen again. Learning simple ground fighting gives you more options when you are in a self defense situation,

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I agree on the fighting skill to go with the weapon as I encourage my students to get firearms training and require it of my black belts.

However the jury went with the law and the evidence and made the right decision but I see no winners in this case.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I have not heard enough of the case tbh. I have gotten that it was more political than anything. It seems both were actually at fault. Zimmerman was told to stay in his vehicle on the one hand, on the other hand you have Martin calling him some crazy cracker, etc as well. Had Zimmerman said something of race and the jury would have heard it he would have been crucified as just another racist white guy... problem is Zimmerman isn't white lol.

However, you also have Martin who supposedly was just walking home after going to the store, or maybe he was on his way to the store? Either way, he was a kid Zimmerman didn't recognize and being dressed the way he was I guess was viewed as a threat, but you can't go simply by the way one is dressed.

Having a gun is a good idea when it comes to certain situations, but I do agree that any sort of training could have at the very least POSSIBLY avoided the death. A good joint lock, arm bar, whatever you want to pick might have resulted in a pulled tendon or a broken bone, but better than a death.

Again though, this is simply based on what little bit i've seen and read. I got tired of it being turned into a racial issue. That stuff just gets so old to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Zimmerman had months of offtopic training. He wasn't unfamiliar with ground grappling.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

The title is a tad off:"Big Win for the Good Guys"
    There is "nothing good" about taking a life.

The whole thing was like a "OJ Trail In Reverse"
    There was not enough evidence for a conviction.
    Too many variables and "what-ifs"

My thought, can Martin's family win a "wrongful death" (or any other lawsuit) against Zimmerman from a "not guilty based upon self defense case"

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

So based on the evidence, do you feel he was justified to use deadly force? Do you think perhaps it was a situation he could have avoided and just chose not to?

I'm only asking, as I said, I don't have all of the facts about everything, nor was I aware of any training he had... never had heard about it on the news or the little bit of reading I had done on the case.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Seems like it would be hard considered he was found not guilty... though OJ was found responsible or however they worded it after being found not guilty as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I dont think Being found "responsible" is the same thing as being held for murder

Again, this is a OJ trail in reverse...per race

Junior Member stfuitsallyrooefosho's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

And this is where the discrepancies are : Not enough facts or evidence

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I don't think that he was justified in using deadly force. I think he could have easily avoided the situation and I believe he escalated it. I think he's probably lying about how the fight went down - my guess is that some dude with offtopic training and 20 lbs on a teenager wouldn't have that much trouble with him. By the same token, I don't think the prosecution did an adequate job of proving anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast