Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Wouldnt zimmerman of been much better off by waiting for the police, like he was asked to do by the dispatcher on the phone.

I imagine he will soon by hit by a civil case.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Heres a good overview of three recent cases and how theyve been handled -

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/06/stand-your-ground-black-woman-fires-sho-gets-20-years-white-man-kills-and-goes-free/

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I didn't realize that 'good guys' shot unarmed civilians willy nilly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I hate reading this kind of rhetoric about this case. It was dark out, how the hell was he supposed to know it was 1.) a teenager and 2.) he was bigger than he was? I would understand if Trayvon was 12 or 13, but not 17. I know at 17 I could have easily competed with the majority of average adult males in a fight. Add "Zimmerman is white and racist" and that this was a "hate crime" and we've got the whole emotional swing of the case used to gather support for the prosecution.

I agree with you about the prosecution though, but I can also see about 20 different ways Zimmerman wasn't guilty at all (and 20 ways he could have been, and 20 ways it could have turned out better). Pretty lame situation all around honestly. Sad that it only got so much attention because of inflaofftopictory remarks based on assumptions though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I am not claiming that Zimmerman should have known that Martin was a teenager. I am claiming that Zimmerman's testimony of Martin getting top mount and GnPing him is hard to believe given the size differences, Zimmerman's training and Martin's age. At least for me, I personally find it hard to believe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Its a strange world, when you can follow somebody in a car, pick up a gun and get out the car, chase them down, then shoot the person you was following, and then call it self defense.

Not only did he have a history of violence, he even had a restraining order placed against him. This 'tough guy' seems he had something to prove and should never have been allowed to have a gun in the first place.

Zimmerman is not a 'good guy' far from it, he chased down a person and murdered them simply on the assumption that they was 'up to something'. No way in hell was this self defence, if anything it seems Martin (a kid) would have been defending himself against an angry, heavy, guy with a gun. WHO WAS FOLLOWING HIM And they call this self defence?

As for talking about it 'being dark' and all the crap. If the person he shot was a police officer and he made the defence 'It was dark, its not my fault', Zimmerman would be facing life in prison or the death penalty.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I'm not placing any blame on you particularly for phrasing it the way you did. However, the use of racism and violence against a child has been blown way out of proportion in this trial. Not only is Zimmerman not "white", 17 is hardly the hallmark age of an innocent child. It has annoyed the crap out of me since the start of the trial and the events that took place.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Cptequinox, it's estimated that about 60% of restraining orders are falsified and they basically are always rubber stamped. This is common knowledge in the legal system. Also, police lie about being assaulted all the damn time. I'm not saying in that case the officer did lie, I'm saying the police are caught habitually lying about that sorta thing so frequently I place no faith a police statement without physical evidence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

You might be sick of it but racism obviously was an issue, you'd have to be legally blind in even your cataracts not to see that. Yes, he was Latino, but that doesn't mean that race was not involved. Racism can't be blown out of proportion, it was integral to our country's prosperity and growth and not only is still a part of our society, but our political and economic system today.

I am aware that you have personal issues with regards to this topic but there is no way that you can be blind to the inequalities that minorities face in our country without it being willful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

So people who shoot other people after being told by the police not to interfere are good guys? Very astute and sensitive of you. How would you feel if it was your son or daughter who was shot?

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast