Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Can ninjas have abortions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

They do...you just dont know it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Almost certain everything that controls pain, cognitive function etc etc isn't formed then so it really doesn't bother me.

Also sexual intercourse isn't a reckless decision. There's a huge need for improvement in sexual education, especially in the states, and a change of attitude towards how you approach it with young people. If people got over the bs abstinence type sex education and instead was upfront about everything, informed people about contraception and provided it free you'd see a lot less need for abortions.

Minor side note because its a personal peeve of mine: I find it ironic that religion has a pro life stance against abortion, but they're style of sex education that seeks to ignore the issue and try to keep you pure as long as possible is actively contributing to the need for terminations in the first place.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

I also find it ironic that many of the same people that are against abortion are also in favour of executing criminals.
    That seems odd to me.
    It's not pro-life but more pro-"some life".

Especially when those same people also probably think aborted embryos and blastocysts go to heaven (the best reward ever) while dead criminals go to hell?

Junior Member QuasiIntellectual's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Makes sense to me - I don't think prolife is about protecting unborn children so much as it is instituting social controls on women's bodies.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

I don't follow this. How can encouraging unmarried people to abstain from sexual activity increase the need for abortions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Because it's part and parcel of a restrictive attitude to sex in general and lack of education about other birth control methods.
    I remember reading that "abstinance only" sex education delays sexual activity by something like 6 months on avergae (if that) and means the teenagers are just as, if not more, likely to engage in other "non pro-creative" sexual activity before then (meaning more infections).
    It's not that encouraging abstinence makes more pregnancies but that encouraging abstinence, while also neglecting other areas of sex education, doesn't actually do much to reduce teenage or unwanted pregnancies (IIR the stats and figures correctly).

Whether you think abortion is right or wrong the one thing you won't ever stop is people having sex. So in my world abortion is like putting someone in prison. I don't like that we have to do it but realistically it's just something that needs to be available.
    Better to destroy a non-sentient cluster of cells than force a woman to have a child she doesn't want.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

It's not about the women's body, it's about the babies body.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

What about them being against abortions where the "baby" (it's not a baby) doesn't even have a body?

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

It would have to be VERY early in the pregnancy for it to not have a body, even as we would recognise it as being an embyonic human body.

The whole question of when does it become a person as opposed to a clump of cells seems like a minefield to me.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast