Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Downloads
    Uploads

Women in the Infantry

In terms of defense, yes it can. The Caracal Bn watching the Egyptian border, for example. In that situation though it is more combat support than actively taking a combat role. Taken in that context, we already do that.

Junior Member inconspiracywithsatan's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Women in the Infantry

Since posting, the thought has occurred to me that making comparisons is bound to be flawed. Modern day professional soldiers are trained to be as effective, as flexible and as prepared for any situation imaginable as they possibly can be. Whereas conscript soldiers in a war like WWI or WWII were equipped and prepared for dealing with a specific situation, and it was more a case of them being as well prepared as possible under the circumstances, rather than trying reach the highest standard possible. Which isn't to downplay their achievements one iota - I'm simply saying that it was a different situation.

I suppose what I waas trying to say before was more to do with what is possible when the chips are down. But on reflection that isn't how you organise a professional army.

Downloads
    Uploads

Women in the Infantry

No, I was talking about ground close combat roles, not support/auxiliary/policing.

I was wondering if the preferential treatment was cultural, rather than biologically innate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Women in the Infantry

I was trying to say that pointing out the women in the IDF carry out a border patrol job rather than a conventional soldiering one so its not a straight comparison is a fair shout, but there's still other groups that show women can handle front line conventional type placements as well. I don't see the tangent honestly.

Well the media's the only interaction I get with the US marines. Notice I did also say I was basing it off the few soldiers I know as well, but I can't use them on their own since I have no idea how different the US services are in that regard.

Honestly, I'm not that fussed. His posts from the start read quite confrontational to me and I'm not that patient a person these days. Although, again, I don't really see the passive aggressiveness myself. Other than the petty comments comment I don't see me being rude at all.

I pointed out in the last page that I sympathise with how annoying it must be at times, but also why I don't accept it as the authoritive opinion on this specific topic.

Fair point, but going back through the threads Python was the one who started being confrontational first. I'm not going to blame someone as much for replying in kind.

Junior Member bonniethontpuirtlalbeult's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Women in the Infantry

Another recent update.

Quick notes first though.

1.) Marine Corps Times started a subscription system where you can't read "hot topic" articles, hence the switch to Army Times which is the exact same article for free

2.) That picture at the top . . . that's a good picture of what officers look like in the field doing pretty much anything other then "planning."

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130708/CAREERS/307080018/Grunt-school-test-Women-accept-one-Corps-most-grueling-challenges

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142