Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Margaret Thatcher has died

I knew how to fight from the age of 1

Downloads
    Uploads

Many would argue she solved a lot of problems that needed to be solved, but did she need to go about it like a bull in a china shop?

Junior Member slayer666metallica's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

We can't all be born in Scotland.

Downloads
    Uploads

History, which her rule now is, will either be covered in school, or through personal learning because you are interested in it, I didn't cover that part of history in school, and I'm not interested in it, so why would I go out of my way to read about it?

Junior Member derriesigeMexikaner's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

They needed to be dealt with, but she could have done it in a way that didn't devastate communities and leave families in abject poverty. In a way, the ruthlessness that served her so well in the Falklands crisis made her ill suited for domestic politics.

No it doesn't, it reflects how useless Labour were in the 80's. Labour spent more time fighting amongst themselves than they did fighting the Tories.

She doesn't have detractors - she has loathers. The best thing about Thatcher - she made the Tories unelectable for nearly 15 years.

Downloads
    Uploads

you were not there, I was. like I said in the age of information thats not good enough, anyone who can read can find out what the mood of thatchers Briton was and the continued effects her economic policy's have to this day. Three terms of stuff that appealed to the south of England, the result of not one post war election would have changed if all the Scottish votes were not counted, she had no mandate to destroy and privatise our Industry and take away our labour rights for three terms but she did, that happened. When you were THERE weren't you a plod ? I imagine that makes her a bit more of a sympathetic figure than say if you were a miner or a ship builder.

Downloads
    Uploads

plenty of Scots in England tho

Junior Member DarkSideoftheMoon's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

by the same token why would you go out of your way to enter a debate about it then ?

Downloads
    Uploads

holyhead is right a good leader know's when to bend, she was an iron lady in every sense of the word, hard but also brittle

Downloads
    Uploads

also as far as history goes, each new year has a little insight into the workings of government when documents are released under the 30 year rule, we've still got the miners strike to come

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast