Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Junior Member youcancallmeashley's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

For every one of those individuals who stormed the embassy, and committed these heinous crimes, thousands of Muslims disapproved. The Arabic TV news stations are full of prominent individuals who are condemning these attacks.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Yes very true, same with the Cartoon incident 12 prominet Muslim Councils issued letters of condemnation about the violence which recieved no to little media coverage.

But this offcourse would not support what fox news&co are trying to sell

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Well I don't think that Islam gets a fair deal. You get people insulting Islam, when they know it is going to offend Muslims, but by the same token if I said that I didn't believe in the holocaust I could be locked up for 5 years, let's be at least even handed in this

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Pakistan tried to table a motion at the UN saying it would be an offence for any religion to be insulted/criticized, gladly it didn't get through the process.

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

One is a matter of personal belief based on no facts but an interpretation of a particular mythos and one is a matter of historical fact that killed millions of people

So you are wrong

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

If you're going to reduce it to that level of simplicity, then you could also say that no one will try and burn down your embassy or assasinate you for saying that you don't believe in the holocaust.

Junior Member mystere:ethanita~'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

You're not really comparing like-for-like there. Two very different issues.

Of course, the laws regarding 'hate speech' against people based on their race or religion vary from country to country. And while a few countries have made Holocaust-denial a specific offense, most have not.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

I think it gives them an excuse. Violence without reason is hard to justify, but if you can hide behind a religious motive, then you can claim your actions were justified.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Considering all the Christians being killed by Moslems in Moslem Egypt and Sudan and so on, it totally seems 100% correct to say that you're better off being a Moslem in the quote-unquote "evil" USA, then you are being a non-Moslem in those countries.

In other words, we "evil people" in the "evil" lands treat Moslems totally kinder, gentler, more lovingly, and all-around nicer, than the way Moslems treat us in their lands. You do over here what they do over there, and the sheriff will hunt you down and arrest you, and you will go to jail. Over there, the government turns a blind eye.

Over here we literally have so-called "artists" who make an entire so-called "art show" out of submerging the holy crucifix, complete with Jesus' body, in a jar of urine. We don't kill those rude people. We don't burn down their houses or put out a contract on their lives.

I have no patience for people as out of balance as those Egyptians. I have no patience for people who actually think God cares more about a piece of paper or jar of urine than he does about human beings.

I also have no patience for that so-called "pastor" in Florida, but you know, he doesn't kill people or wreck their homes or burn their churches or anything like that. He's thoroughly contemptible, but the Moslems in the news are an order of magnitude worse, and that disparity speaks volumes to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Oh right. Well that makes insulting people okay then when you know it will likely provoke a violent reaction.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast