Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Tottenham Riots

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

in that case it might just be what the doctor ordered. laugh to keep from cryin' and all that. :P

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

I do love Boris. Being funny probably has got a lot to do with it but he doesn't seem a terrible mayor either. He seems happy to speak against party policy and I'll respect him just for that.

On another note, any further news on this wonderful eviction idea Cameron wanted councils to take up? My google-fu is weak this morning

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

The eviction Idea is going to land council tax payers and HA residents with a huge bill if the managements are not careful. It's about unenforceable and illegal housing clauses being extended.

The main one is a woman being evicted because her grown up son was charged with being involved, though he is not convicted yet. Her clause refers to the immediate area and he was arrested miles away in a different district.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

It did seem like a stupid idea evicting whole families over one person and then not expecting them to carry on commiting crime. Didn't know he hadn't been convicted though, that's pretty worrying.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

This reminds me on the surface to the way that properties are seized in the US when they are related to narcotics busts. Though I'm sure it's not entirely the same set of circumstances it did bring it to mind.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

How Boris Johnson became mayor is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Fermat's last theorum ain't got nothing on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

Thing is, Boris is a smart guy... If you listen to him speak, the content rather than the plumy accent (or watching the stupid hair), it's actually good stuff. His written material ain't bad either.

And I'm pretty sure it's more than luck that he could be a running politician whilst being on comedy shows and have a political career that can survive affairs and gaffes that would sink the average political career five times over.

I am therefore terrified of Boris. I suspect he is a savantic political genius and everything he's done will turn out to be a beautiful master plan :P.

More seriously he seems to do a fair job on the organisational side of things

Junior Member xxMoonlightxShadowxxe's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

I think his trick (well, probably not a trick) with the Royal Wedding shows his political mastery quite nicely. David Cameron wasn't going to wear a dinner jacket to the wedding, but a normal suit, to show unity with the plebs. Boris declared that he would be wearing a dinner jacket, because it was a royal wedding and there are occasions when it's appropriate.

On the day itself Cameron relented and wore his own dinner jacket, a nice designer one that he owned.

Boris also wore a dinner jacket - rented from Moss Bros for the occasion.

Maybe an apocryphal story, but if not it shows something.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tottenham Riots

I dont think I said that...and if I did, I need to see a memory doctor.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950