Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

personally, I think all daily mail readers should have to sign a register and wear some sort of star in public. Then, without telling them, we can round them all up into camps and... I just overstepped the bounds of good taste again, didn't I?

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

Bias is subjective and can't accurately be measured. You could insist that newspapers reported only the bare facts, but then there wouldn't be a need for more than one newspaper, which no one would bother to buy.

What the Daily Mail did was typically despicable, but I don't see a way to legislate for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

true but can the same be said about measuring objectivity ? im not so sure.

even that would be an improvement, big improvement.

yeah so, why do we need anything but the facts ? there could be a publicly funded but independently ran from the state one, and anyone else can print what they wont as long as its made clearer to people that they can do so. why do you think no one would buy it ?

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

For your new found political acumen...

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

just in the interests of balance, I've come over all communist in another thread...

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

People don't buy the Daily Mail because they're in any way interested in news.

They buy it because they want their prejudices stoked with a side order of righteous indignation.

It's "entertainment" of the basest kind, not news.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

I used to think that. Until I remembered that half the national media is owned by ONE man - Rupert Murdoch.

Freedom of the press? It's a joke mate. Half the media reports what one aussie billionaire wants it to.

We can't lose what we haven't got. The press in this country has always been controlled by a handful of exceedingly wealthy individials who ensure that ONE point of view and one only gets rammed down everyone's throats.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

Tis nothing, I've said (jokingly) to colleagues an immediate cull of Daily Mail, Sun, and NOTW readers would really cut down the population. mind you we'd be left with the cheating bankers (rhyming innuendo intended). With the stunt the NOTW pulled on hacking they really need to do something, it's waaay beyond press freedom

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

There are already laws governing the actions of the media. The NOTW hasn't been allowed to get away with the voicemail hacking.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

Has this made an appearance on MAP yet?
    YouTube - ‪The Daily Mail Song‬‏

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast