Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"OGame" - Intergalactic Conquest

Should be interesting im in aswell

Downloads
    Uploads

There don't seem to be any. FAQs in the forums maybe?

It's kinda fun to figure it out as you go along though.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found a tutorial the other day. A boring read but it basically told me that metal is very important early on.
    Can't find the link now
    I am sure I clicked "Help" somewhere to get there....

Downloads
    Uploads

I seem to be doing pretty well. I let my resources pile up overnight and now I've got tons of stuff to build.

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah, its 12:07 at night and im paying for not building up metal proprtionately with power.
    still, i might just get the darn research facility up and running soon.

BTW calling my planet alderaan was a bad idea wasnt it?
    sooo many SW fans ready to attack me while muttering "as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...."

Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.ihav.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29469&highlight=ogame

the old thread.

i've just rejoined uni1.

i'll have a mess about for the next few hours and write a quite faq about how to get started, based on what i can remember from last year.

edit: joined and applied.

one note;

success in ogame relies upon timing when production is completed (and later, fleet saving operations) with when you will be at your computer and available to keep generating res as much as possible.

the mine times increase exponentially by a formula i'll dig up off their forum, for those of you who really get into it.

be warned, it sucks you in.

i'd spent a few months good infrastucture built, but maintaining it was impinging on my MAP time

however, its a good background activity...

learn the basics quickly and it becomes much less time consuming.

edit;

DON'T GO INTO VACATION MODE BY MISTAKE.

vacation mode locks your account and stops res production

its to protect you when you know you won't be at the computer (you'd lose more res through raids than you would through going in vacation mode)

if you are on a build stratergy, this can really mess you up and damage your rankings...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks in advance xen. It'll help us all . . .TAKE OVER THE WHOLE GALAXY. MWA HA HA HA HA!

BTW, is there any intelligible info out there on how combat works? Also how are the points calculated? I'm guessing it's not based on resources, coz mine doesn't go up overnight.

Downloads
    Uploads

they should do.

i'll just check my game, its been running for the last few hours.

right, tips;

1. don't waste res in the early stages in uni1 by doing anything other buliding mines and solar plants, keep the balance right between producing res and producing power.

when you see a negative red number on the energy, production is less that 100%, close to 100 as possible means max res production rate.

2. get a second uni and there you can play about, but keep uni1 as tight as you can, the idea is to spend time getting a good infrastructure while you still have noob protection, one you are on the radar, you can be back to square 1 in no time.

3. i'll cover combat as we go.

4. start looking at the technology available, and what research you need to do, this will also make these posts more understandable.

5. i suggest we use this thread to commincate about the game, the message system is not ideal over there, not in terms of security, this is just easier and quicker.

6. post questions and share insights and we can start developing a stratergy, some people focusing on different aspect, so we can start maximising on resources, res sharing i'll cover as we go.

7. it would handy if people could perodically post their res/technology stats so we can see where each other is at and improve stratergy most effectively.

Downloads
    Uploads

CosmicFish;

my res was fine, have you gone into vacation mode?

another tip;

it the early days its all about metal, in the later stages its all about duet.

the pattern which you build mines now becomes important as the focus of the game changes, you decide what res you need for the reasearch/buildings/weapons balance you want and as the combat stages begin.

eg, res spent on defence does little if you fleetsave efficiently, then all your res is in the air anyway when you are offline.

it is when you are offline that you are vulnerable.

if your fleet is moving from one location to another, it can't be attacked (this gets more complicated very quickly)

combat involves sending probes to other planets and getting info about the planet infrastructure, fleet and res payloads

people will start watching you once you pass a certain threshold and then they will attack your planet.

you can only defend your planet with ships that aren't on missions or fleetsaving or with defence structrures you build on and aorund your planet.

you may get farmed,

this is where another player holds you at a steady production rate and adds your res to theirs...

Downloads
    Uploads

forgot to say about vac mode...

there is a minimum period and once in you just have to wait until the time passes, all that res, lost.

its about 48hrs i think

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast