A request

TheSauceMan

Apr 5, 2008
An organization here in the states called Concerns Of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) is really trying hard to kick off a new way of supporting law enforcement officers currently serving, and remembering those who have fallen in the line of duty. The request is simple... Put up a strand of blue lights with your Christmas decorations. Or have a blue light somewhere on your home or in a window. I personally appreciate those that I see while I am on duty, especially at this time of year, as I have lost one uncle and 3 friends who died doing the job they loved. If allowed, I can link the graphic in explaining the program, or send it to one of the moderators.

Rob

Link if you like - if you think it'd give support to the police officers out on the street and it isn't a commercial programme, go right ahead.

Wow, a real blast from MAP's chatroom past!

I have no problem with a link to a worthy cause as long as it comes via us first, so go right ahead with a link if you wish.

It is something we are doing here, and I don't know that any other organizations are doing it. But I think I can speak for officers and family members everywhere when I say that it would be wonderful to see done everywhere. Officers all over the world do the same job and take the same risks, so I think it would be great to see it done in all countries.

Thank you, I get a chance to pop in now and then, work and visitation with my son makes my schedule strange sometimes lol.

Back