Your favourite crypto?

DavisM

Feb 16, 2008
In a recent paper there was a report on how a guy in northern Georgia had the body of a Bigfoot stashed in his freezer. A taxonomist, Dr. Paul Van Buren, claimed to have seen the beastie and declared that it was real and that DNA had been taken and was awaiting testing.

A quick glance on the interweb, unsurprisingly, revealed that failed these tests...

Anyway, this got me thinking, we all like critters and what's better than critters? Yup, cryptozoological critters.

So, what's your favourite crypto?

I'm quite partial to the fiji mermaid.

This is a creature that was supposedly half maofftopicl and half fish and was popular in sideshows of yesteryear, with the original being showcased by circus dude P. T. Barnum.

Go on, give her a kiss.

Not quite as impressive as the mermaid but I always liked the fur bearing trout. Of course I've watched out for Nessie whilst fishing Loch Ness but not even a ripple.

What I want to know is how you got that image off the Facebook profile of my ex.

I've always been a fan of crytozoology, being an ex-zoologist and ex-research scientist and crytids are just awesome.

I also quite like Allghoi khorkhoi AKA The Mongolian Death Worm. I mean, who doesn't like 5ft long bright red worms with the ability to kill via an evil stare (re: electrical discharge).

Perhaps you know him better as Usul, the strength at the base of the pillar.

My favorite cryptid is either the giant squid or mothman (aka indrid cold).

"According to a survey released on 26 November 2003, one-third of U.S. visitors to Scotland believed the wild Haggis to be a real creature."

Back