Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

I think they may have edited the article after I posted it.

That or my reading comprehension is poor, as usual.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

Got a source?

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

The following wiki article mentions him having been shot twice. (There are other sources as well I'm sure.) As for the rest of it, I don't have any kind of well informed and highly developed opinion to put forth. Mostly, it just seems to be a big mess. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr

(The article 'seems' well cited for the most part.)

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

He wasn't shot when 'in custody' he was shot during a raid on a weapons compund after a firefight and a bombing and the rest of the thing is as blind says 'a mess'. Also, despite reading numerous reports on this now (including Amnesty's report) it really does seem to me that you have to go out of your way to argue that he was an innocent bystander. He clearly wasn't.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

Yup, that seems to be the case.

Just so there's no confusion, I wasn't saying he was shot while in custody, nor was I backing up that statement. I was just pointing out that he had been shot. So in short and considering all of the articles 'I've' read (so far) seem to be fairly consistent in regards to this point, there's no argument to be had from me suggesting otherwise.

(Of course I could have been much clearer about that in my first post but, I figured that the article would make that point for me........ Basically, it was pure laziness on my part and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.)

As for him having been an innocent bystander. I agree, he clearly wasn't. He was a willing participant in opposition to American forces. But anyway, with all things considered my question in all of this would have to be: How could a caring parent willingly send or let their child go to war at that age? I realize that's probably a less than objective viewing where moral standards are concerned, but still, it has me puzzled..

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

He was clearly engaged in activities against the US army, but I am yet to see any proof that he deliberately targeted a medic, as opposed to the combatant soldiers he was with. I'm pretty sure that the accidental killing of a medic during a battle is not a war crime. And interestingly, Khadr was shot in the back whilst wounded.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

To be honest I'm not particularly sure he targeted a medic either but I suspect he was responsible for it. After looking through the reports it does sound like a messy situation but as for him being shot in the back he was shot in the back just after a grenade was lobbed over a wall. According to the soldier that shot him he was crouched with his back towards him with a rifle or grenade beside his hand. If I was a soldier in such a situation I wouldn't wait for the guy to turn round so I could shoot him face to face either.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

On another interesting point, look at who his father is. Is it any wonder he went to fight?

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

Does your father being something remove all responsibility for your actions?

Downloads
    Uploads

"Kill me, Kill me."

I think it can do when you are a child, not a psychologist, but I'm pretty sure if your father was an extremist and a pal of Bin Laden, you are very likely to follow in those footsteps.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast