Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

I agree so much OP, I know far too many people who think the more random they are, the cooler they are NAHHHHH haha

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

"You usually find that people who say "Im a marmite person, you'll either love me or hate me" are the people everyone HATES" - Frankie Boyle sums it up. I hate people who try describe their personalities. Just let your personality do the talking surely?

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

Grow up. Words change their meanings over time, so it's perfectly acceptable to use the word "random" in that context.

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

I love you

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

I am randommmmmmmm...m.!!!!!!!:woo:

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

Incredibly boring post, but I enjoyed this sentence.

Oh, come on. That's no more offensive than "miscellaneous pics".

It's not the definition that's the problem, it's the connotation. I'm perfectly happy (albeit slightly temporarily uncomfortable) with the use of the word "random" to mean "spontaneous", but not to imply that what follows is going to be funny due to its spontaneity. It's the age-old story of every sheep on the planet trying to be different in the same way; even if you're not the sort of person to get annoyed at that, you must empathise with our pity.

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

Christ I hate this too. Anyone who says "I'm really crazy/random by the way" is guaranteed to NOT be crazy, just a binge drinker.

I think another one for the hate list is people saying "I'm nice but get on the wrong side of me and I can be a bitch". Does anyone else interpret that as "I'm trying to make excuses for me to jump to conclusions and be unreasonably judgmental"?

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

This annoys me also.

There is a girl on my Facebook from my school who types in permanent caps and uses a version of English I struggle to fathom saying things like:

'OMGEEZZ SOOO BORD
    LALALALA
    OH MY GEEZ IM WELL HUNGREE LOLZ I MIGHT DRINK
    I MISS CHILDHOODZ LOLZ
    ANY1 DOIN ANYFINK TONITE???????? LOLZ
    LETS GO OUT FOR PASTRY
    PASTRY IS LIKE WATER CUZ IT IS GUD LOLZ
    SEE YOU IN HAMPSHIRE LOLZ'

Also, random people are rarely random as they use a set of 'random' phrases, that are the same as everyone else uses - 'cheese' and 'badgerz' are pretty common I think.

Downloads
    Uploads

"I am so random"

That connotation is part of its current definition, GE. Tut tut, making such an elementary mistake.

Fair enough, get at the people who think it's funny being random in such ways, but bitching about the word. According to Etymonline.com, a website that sources the best works on etymology, random as an adjective was first recorded in 1655 to mean "having no definite aim or purpose" which does not really match with the mathematical meaning. It came from the phrase "at random" which meant "at great speed", first recorded in 1565. So you know, words evolve, they change their meanings, people really shouldn't bitch about it, it just makes them look stupid.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast