Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Downloads
    Uploads

Police Burtality or Preformance of Duty???

Originally Posted by narcsarge
    "Any cop that thinks his badge makes him 6' tall and bullet proof and the right to be a D**k would never last in a prison setting."

These officers are few and far between. If there is an officers that is like this, most departments weed them out pretty fast. When anyone in a profession does something out of character or inappropriate, we have a tendency to become all inclusive like...( Catholic Priest, Crazy Postal Workers, etc...) and when these incidents arise we get black or white thinking,....all or nothing. Obviously this is not the case. Most of the L.E.O. and Emergency personnel that I work with are very compassionate and professional.

{ It only takes one person to sh*t in the punch bowl to screw up the whole party !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Kew-Do,

You are correct that these type of cops are the exception but I have run across many. For some reason though they seem to last longer in the profession then you would think. Maybe it is because their "bad-a$$" persona makes them a Cop's cop. I don't know.

I also believe that most people in L.E., and Emergency personnel in general, join because the really do want to help and make a difference. Compassion is very rarely talked about until you look at a funeral procession.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is truth about what you say about funeral processions...I've been to 5 so far. I'm sorry you have experienced the unprofessional cop in Florida that has a Bad A$$ attitude. Like I said you can experience poor personalities, any where you go. The other day I went to purchase donuts ...{ OK don't start laughing yet } ... for my son' party. The person who waited on me was very unprofessional and very rude. You can get bad attitudes anywhere and with any profession. Unfortunately you have experienced the lower or bottom of the barrel in a profession that should be professional and polite. My goal when I pull them over for speeding, is to have a person at least say, "well I didn't appreciate the ticket, however, that officer was respectful and professional to me." I think what happens is that a few of these Officer gets an US and THEM mentality. They have to deal with real deviants and real criminal mentality and think the way that they treat these people is the way they treat everyone. That is why I always thought they should teach more about this and the effects of Desensitation in the Police Academy. Unfortunately for most of society, they experience L.E.O. in a time when they have committed an infraction of the law, speeding, etc.... so they experience that meeting with a negative. If you have called an your local police department for help like someone suspicious around your house or you are being victimize, that officer should show you the up most professionalism, compassion and then referral to receive additional services, if they can't do this, they need to find another profession, maybe as a cook, or working beside the person that I purchased donuts from that was rude.

Kew-Do

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829