Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

This is a spin-off from the "Muslim Cleric" thread and is not intended as a debate on whether a woman can deserve to be raped.

Is there a limit to what is "decent" dress in your opinion? I have a friend who spent a while in France and told me that when English girls go out on the town in French cities, dressed as they would at home, they are frequently mistaken for prostitutes. Even to the extent of having guys stop them in the street and ask "how much?".

Regardless of the morality of the situation, is a girl compromising her safety if she wears a certain type of clothing?

On average, do you feel you can differentiate between a "nice girl you'd take for dinner with your granny" and an "easy one night stand" based on her choice of clothing?

Ladies, do you make judgements on other women based on how revealing their clothing is? Do you feel your judgements are usually accurate? Do you feel style of dress does provide an accurate representation of someone's personality?

Do you feel people should be absolutely free to wear as little/much as they choose in any (non-work/school) context?

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Ethnocentrism makes baby Jesus cry.

Junior Member ramkohli@rogersecom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

lol - he kills a baby rabbit every time it happens

Its up to the lady in question. Sometimes the word lady is very loosely used, but thats the point. Each to their own.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

I dont think anyone deserves to be raped male or female, however if you go into any major town or city in the UK on a friday or saturday night you will find so many women dressed like prostitutes.

This provocative dress obviously attracks male attention otherwise what would be the point, however rape is an entirely different matter.

Given the ammount of binge drinking that goes on its a recipe for disaster.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

It should happen more

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

When it's advertised, I have no sympathy. I'm quite sure women are aware of what they're going to be attracting, so why choose to do it?

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

wha!?

you either condone racism, or hate baby rabbits?

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

whoa victoria, Im shocked. You have no sympathy for someone raped because of their dress sense?

So because some girl is out looking for a good time, hoping to pull someone to make her feel special, you have no sympathy for a violent abuse of them?

shocked

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Hate baby rabbits

Apologies, I'm evil today. I don't condone racism in the slightest

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Some women are just dim/genuine victims regardless of what they're wearing, in which case the attacker should be castrated and locked in a box until he dies. But some cases boil down to communication

EDIT:
    I wasn't talking about rape in particular, was a general comment

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast