Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeeMee
    Oh yes, only this morning I went into Poundworld for kitchen roll and came out with birdseed,toilet rols, and yes....a can opener lol

bluebrancall
    yes i always do, but i get carried away in all shops not only in home bargains,

Maid Angela
    Not generally. If I see something that will not may but will be useful I may buy that but a lot of it is junk anyway

short2stuff1922
    Where I live we have stores that have always things in bargains. Such as Topeka, Always 99 cents, ,,, and so on.

So, a few weeks ago I go to Topeka to buy detergent to wash clothes and I too came out with some other items. But when I buy what I realy don't need (this sounds great); I can give them away as gifts. Like, for example, my grandchildren who are in school use the big notebooks not the small ones. So there is this office/school supply who put Batman notebooks on sale for 25 cents each. I brought 4 for my 3 grandsons who are in school so as if they want to draw, write other things, or what ever they can use these notebooks and save their other ones for the classes. Some things that I buy extra or don't realy need I can re-do and give away also. Such as some artificial flowers that were on sale 2 big bunches for a dollar. So I got a few bunches, put bows on them, put them in a few holders I had at home and gave them to my daughter and my daughter-in-law for decorations in their homes. So just re-do, decorate and give them away. I used to paint the light bulbs different colors to change the aspect of the room, so use some original ideas for those extra unwanted items and give them as gifts.

Florence 07
    I put my blinkers on before going into shops like that, and carry a very limited purse. If I do ever catch sight of a bargain I'm forced to think more than twice about it - Do I really need it? is it really a bargain? can I afford it? I also remind myself that I have to carry it home (no car and a 2 mile walk or cycle ride) - good aren't I!

Another thing I do is write a shopping list, by the time I've bought the stuff on the shopping list (which usually includes milk) I not only don't have room for anything else, I'm tired, hungry, thirsty and want to go home!

My bargain hunting is reserved for food, but only if it's on my list, I need it and can carry it.

One blessing - I don't like shopping, which must make me 1 in a million.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12