Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bluebudgie21

when you go to a bargain shop such as "homebargain"do you buy things you

didnt intend to?what to do?????????? hi!!! i recently went to "homebargains"for a new light bulb.but left the shop 30 mins later with a can opener,some sensation crisps,dusters,bird food,some marshmallows,many various sweets,some cheap pencils,and many more items.who else does this?what to do?how can we control our urges? anyone have an idea?????? thanks! ;O)

@Goldwing nice answer,,,,.,.but,,, i didnt use a credit card.i never do! lol

Grodno.
    It doesn't have to be a bargain shop I'm afraid. Went into M&S today and managed to get my wife to but several things she wouldn't have bought if I hadn't been with her, mostly unecessary stuff but enjoyable nonetheless.

inthedark
    Yep she does it all the time goes for Kippers comes home with pork pies, KP nuts, an ironing board( we currently have three) a clothes horse, ridding boots and three pairs of knickers but no kippers I on the other hand only buy sensible items like, a new golf putter, a windcheater, a new drill and stand, a craft knife and a Swiss army knife with fifty seven different tools, oh and set of very useful carving awls.

glenda w
    yes i buy things that I didn't intend to buy everyone likes a bargain.but,I only but what I can use or give as a gift, not something that I will hide in a box.

loll
    Yes i certainly do. Only cure i know is not to go to this type of shop, or except that before you go in to buy just the one thing, you will come out with at least half a dozen things, that you never knew you really really needed. This is from a real shopaholic..

D B
    do not go shopping for at least two weeks or until I have used everything up in the cupboards.

LadyG
    I used to do that, and sometimes still do if, and that's a big if, it is something I know I will use in a relatively short time. I took and teach a Christian course on what God says about money in the Bible. Did you know there are over 2400 references to money in there? I learned how important it is to weigh every purchase on a "want" versus "need" basis.

goldwing
    You need to get a grip! I strongly suggest that those who impluse buy purchase everything with dead green presidents! Credit Cards have great value, but NOT in stores! It seems to be a very different story if you have to hand over cash instead of a silly piece of plastic. Paying in cash only works wonders on the impulse buyer. He/she becomes fully aware of what things cost, how costs add up very quickly. When paying in cash, I notice many things left at the checkout counter. When using plastic, everything, and more, is taken with the customer. Retail display is ALL done with the credit card user in mind. If you think, for even one second, that retailers do not know what they are doing with displays, placement of displays, etc., you are woefully ignorant. When you pay with cash, you KNOW how hard that money was to make. When you pay with plastic, it is a surreal experience that is meaningless....until one day, you wake up and find yourself buried in credit card bills. Try it...cash only for one month..you will be amazed at how little you acutally buy in junk stores, or any other store for that matter.

pgt
    we have a Poundland near to us, I love to had a look around

texas rose
    I think that must be why they started these stores in the first place. Yes, I always get more than I intended to.I'll think while I'm here I am going to get another loaf of bread, then as I head to the bread aisle I also get, coffee, snacks, or sale items. I don't know how to control the urges. Now, if I go with my husband(who hates to shop) I get hustled in and out of there pretty quick. With him it is get what you came for and lets go. Maybe you can find someone like that to go with you next time.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast