Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

I have just tried shaving oil ( king of shaves) for the 1st time as I usually use gel. It was recommended to me a long time ago but only just got round to trying it. I am fed up with my permanent 5 oclock shadow. I have done searches on the net for shaving advice. I have done everything recommended , shaved after being in shower, used lots of hot water , not shaved against the grain, used a face scrub 1st , I have done absoloutely everything advised, I have also used a brand new mach 3 blade. Results...still got a 5 oclock shadow. Also I have found that If I dont shave against the grain , I am left with lots of stubble, I have to go against the grain.

What are your thoughts /experiences / advice.

dan

p.s i know this is a boring topic, but shaving is something we do everyday , so may aswell get it right.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

I hate shaving. I tried the oils and they didn't work that well for me. The best results I had were with American Crew classic shave creme which really got a close shave, but clogged up the blade of the razor so much that a shave took nearly half an hour. Have you tried 4 bladed razors? The Wilkinson Sword Quattro works OK for me when I go against the grain, it gets very close.
    Personally, I like a bit of stubble - I usually just don't shave until it's too itchy to leave it anymore

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

Some people just grow facial hair faster than others. I'm 22 and I only have to shave every 2-3 days.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

Not boring to me. I have the same problem/question you have. If I skip three days you could just about lay a ruler on my face and measure the length. I'd have a full beard in a week if I didn't shave. I suppose it'd be fine if I lived in the arctic, but I don't live in the arctic. When it's date night with wife, I have to shave that evening 'cause a morning shave counts for nothing.

I've gotten the best result from the Gillette foam with the special ingredient for sensitive skin. Anything less and I get nicks. I'm a sensitive guy, apparently.

4-bladed razor?! I gotta get me one of those. I've been using the Mach 3 (three blades) because fewer than three does not cut close enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

I don't have a 5o'clock shadow problem, but if I don't shave every day my wife won't kiss me. My facial hair is like wire. I use a Gillette Mach 3 blade and either Aveeno Shaving gel or TruBody shave gel. Both give a good shave, with the Aveeno if you use it long enough and your facial hair grows back slower. I also use it to shave my head, quite happy with both products.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

I use some soapy water and a year old mach 3... you guys need to toughen up

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

Solved the problem.

Grew a beard

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

Good choice Canuck! I shaved my beard of 2 days ago just for a change... Had it for about 2 or 3 years but now I want it back! Oh well usually only takes about 2 weeks before its back anyway. Faces without beards just aren't right .

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

Haha, i do that when im in a rush, you have to admit it hurts like buggery though. It feels like somethings pulling your face off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shaving

lol, well students cant be picky- i have no money for luxuries such as shaving foam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast