Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Global Warming: An end to War?

lol, it was meant as a joke.

Downloads
    Uploads

lease please please call it climate change and not global warming otherwise someone will make the fabulously ignorant commet: "Well actually it's getting hotter here!" And then it's going to take me ages to track them down to their home and kill them messily.

Downloads
    Uploads

...Well actually it is getting hotter here.

Downloads
    Uploads

actually increase in tempatures usually causes increase in violence and murders in large cities. in milwaukee, the hot weather sparks higher murder rates as does in mexico.

so, global warming might cause the violence, frustration from heat, blackouts and whatnot to spur more problems.

one funny thing i was hoping for was to see our water levels increase in our ponds, rivers and lakes. in wisconsin the water levels are horribly low since the 1950's. pollution from the air has killed much of the fish off (though we still have lots, it causes 10% of the small amount of nomrally survived fish to survive. since less then 1000 of the eggs live (out of thousands), having less then a 100 grow up is horrible)... whoa back on topic

anywho water levels are low. aquafers (spunges that hold water under ground tables) are depleted or depleting. since they are at low levels, cancergens from chemicals such as radeon are released in the water. my home town sussex (Wisconsin) has radiation in the water from this. on the back of our waterbills it reads, "do not drink the water" lol.

our rivers are very low. behind our house is the milwaukee river or wisconsin i forget which. it use to be 10-20 feet deep in 1930, now it is less then 6 inches in some areas and about 30% thinner. many streams from my youth are dried up.

lake michigan is over 15 feet shallower then it was 50 years ago...

err what does this mean? maybe global warming will allow some of the water to fill up these areas. thats if canals, cities and what not do not block theem from refilling.

we have to be concerned with methane being released from the polar caps and killing us all. we also have to be worried that the dumbness of watering your lawn in a desert or hot summer day, will unfairly eat up our water supply.

overall:
    we need to rescycle
    we need to use new forms of tech to reduce pollution and increase efficiency of our machines/cars/energy
    we need to use less water. stop doing pointless stuff such as water a long which wastes tons of water (does not let it be absorbed properly, dries up aquafers and doesn't turn to useable vapor for miles)...

Downloads
    Uploads

And the males will still wear thick coats and jumpers on tube trains!! at least if its hot you can sit there and wonder why they have a thick coat on and then get off quick!!

Downloads
    Uploads

well, my reason for being happier in warm weather, is the fact that most ladies, tend to wear less clothing, and for me, thats a REAL good reason to be happy although i don't think it will work on all ladies, i think it has been mentioned before, but those women in the middleeast get might hot, and still cover every inch of their skin, which brings me to the next subject, i dont think war will ever end, because there will always be terrorists, and disagreements, and yadayadaydada

Downloads
    Uploads

You are complaining about the hot weather there, we were complaining about the rains for the last few days, floods reaching chest height in here and at some places upto 12 feet!!!

Roads peeled off and walls collapsed because of the water current, cars floating around, loads of hairy caterpillars in the city next to me, elecricity off for a straight shot 48 hours (not really a new thing in here, the electricity) AND 300+ causalties........

I hope for warmer weather here for a coupla weeks now

|Cain|

Downloads
    Uploads

PS - f I did'nt mention it's calm in here for the moment and I hope it'll remain that way

|Cain|

Downloads
    Uploads

The way i see it is... thanks to global warming, the north and south pole's will melt causing mass flooding to all countries that aren't on high peaks... so yeah, unless u live on Mt Everest, ur pretty done for

Downloads
    Uploads

i don't think so.

1. port cities might be destroyed, at least if they don't build them on raisers (think asian houses on stilts that allow ater to run underneath)
    2. people been living in flood regions for years
    3. heavily populated and polluting cities may be destroyed. this is bad for us, good for nature lol
    4. though exterior regions / coasts will flood, many internal regions are under-watered.

4 is probably the most important. many underground water tables are dry, empty or near dry. in wisconsin as i stated, they are several miles wide by thousand feet deep, compeltely empty. these need to be remplenished somehow. the great lakes... all are at least 15-30 feet shallower then they were 50-90 years ago. the rivers in the midwest? all of these are shallow as well. the main rivers of wisconsin 100 years ago, are now 1-5 feet deep in many areas rather then 15-25 feet deep.

most swamp land is dried up, most ponds are gone, most streams are almost gone.... where is all the water?

having more water, will cause problems for the coastal regions and flood plains. however, it will bring water to dry areas and desserts.

5. what we really need to fear is:
    a. world's increased amount of pollution: highly cancer causing and hard to breathe
    b. methane release from ice caps. if it happens, it could kill us all off in a few days or weeks
    c. dramatic eco changes. what will happen to the ecosystem and its balance?
    d. mass hysteria/deaths: people will die from flooding, pollution and cancer from global warming.

solution?
    1. hope that the "ice age" theory of the 1950/60's is correct and it cools us down hehe
    2. people reduce their bad habbits, live more efficient, polllute less, litter less and become better people that care about others, rather then being ignorant and caring for themselves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12