Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Lovemycountryhatemygovt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

I work for a restaurant Where i am the "pizza guy." Well starting off it was an ok job just labor intensive. After have about 3 other food service jobs i realized here i had never had a real or very long break. On fridays im in at 9am and out at 9:30 PM, thats a 12.5 hour day. I have found myself without a break and have actually been told to eat fast, one occasion i had to throw my lunch away. weekdays are 6-8 hr days i find myself with a 5 minute eating period, in which i have to eat really fast. Now i found this right off NH labor board website

i would quit, but right now i am in a hard place, my mom has cancer and is going through radiation in Boston at Dana Farber Hospital. My dad has to drive her in 5 days a week, i give him about 100-200 dollars every 2 weeks. I have no problem doing this, but no job = no cash. I want to do something i am looking for a new job but the market is in the toilet. Shall i report his ass to the labor board?

tl;dr: working 12 hour days, no break cant afford to quit hard to find new job.. report his ass?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

Just don't join the Army. Today we got tanks back from the paint shop and I got a little high in them.

GP

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

I has 63 dollars in my pocket why dont you reach on in there and fish it out....mmmmmmmmm,,,

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

why dont you go fishing for the X in the top right corner?

sorry can't help with the job thing, gl man:tup:

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

fishing does not cost 63 dollars you liar.

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

:crash: :crash: :crash: :crash:

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

But it does coast $12 for an 18 pack of beer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

:bowdown: :bowdown:

IT'S ALSO, A MINI MALL!

Downloads
    Uploads

Working labor laws

wow immaturity

To the OP, yes, obviously your employer is breaking rules by not giving you a longer break. I worked in a similar situation where it wasn't really feasible for me to have a half-hour break, and I just ate on the clock. You could report them, but unless you've asked them for a longer break and you have proof of them specifically telling you no, then you can't really do anything. And if you do put up a fuss and demand a half-hour break, they might just let you go for a bullshit reason. If I were in that situation, I would probably casually talk to a manager about it and just explain that it's wearing you down and you need a little more time to cool off before coming back to the stressful environment that is the food industry, they'll probably understand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast