Working labor laws

Mar 15, 2008
I work for a restaurant Where i am the "pizza guy." Well starting off it was an ok job just labor intensive. After have about 3 other food service jobs i realized here i had never had a real or very long break. On fridays im in at 9am and out at 9:30 PM, thats a 12.5 hour day. I have found myself without a break and have actually been told to eat fast, one occasion i had to throw my lunch away. weekdays are 6-8 hr days i find myself with a 5 minute eating period, in which i have to eat really fast. Now i found this right off NH labor board website

i would quit, but right now i am in a hard place, my mom has cancer and is going through radiation in Boston at Dana Farber Hospital. My dad has to drive her in 5 days a week, i give him about 100-200 dollars every 2 weeks. I have no problem doing this, but no job = no cash. I want to do something i am looking for a new job but the market is in the toilet. Shall i report his ass to the labor board?

tl;dr: working 12 hour days, no break cant afford to quit hard to find new job.. report his ass?

Just don't join the Army. Today we got tanks back from the paint shop and I got a little high in them.

GP

I has 63 dollars in my pocket why dont you reach on in there and fish it out....mmmmmmmmm,,,

why dont you go fishing for the X in the top right corner?

sorry can't help with the job thing, gl man:tup:

wow immaturity

To the OP, yes, obviously your employer is breaking rules by not giving you a longer break. I worked in a similar situation where it wasn't really feasible for me to have a half-hour break, and I just ate on the clock. You could report them, but unless you've asked them for a longer break and you have proof of them specifically telling you no, then you can't really do anything. And if you do put up a fuss and demand a half-hour break, they might just let you go for a bullshit reason. If I were in that situation, I would probably casually talk to a manager about it and just explain that it's wearing you down and you need a little more time to cool off before coming back to the stressful environment that is the food industry, they'll probably understand.

Ooh I even edited it out after thinking about it, but I would probably define it as the single, sheer feeling of hatred I have for people that waste everyone's time and the nations space with your dumbass replies that in all honesty, no one finds funny or entertaining.

I find it entertaining that you view the internet as this random place where you can just do whatever you want without consequence because no one can actually beat the hell out of you.

bring it on you fucking scrub, i'm in the state to your left. if you beat me up i'll cut off my cheesedick and feed it to your sister who I have starving in the trunk of my car you twat

(this is about 5-6 hours into a shift)

I did once, we kinda fell into it, i was making my lunch.....
Boss- what the fuck are you doing?
Me- making lunch, im hungry.
Boss- w/e, i dont want to find oyu sitting down you better be doing something.
I sit down start eating.
Co-worker- Boss said he doesnt want to find you sitting down.
Me- DGAF i eat at the same time every day.
Boss- NICK!
Me(walkin up to see what he wants)- what?
Boss- Do dishes
Me- im eating lunch
Boss- lunch on the go
Me- how the fu.....
Boss- (walks away)

And rampage, please just shut the fuck up. you usually have ok posts, but seriously just GTFO.

Ah ok, that's bullshit man. A lot of problems can be fixed if you just approach your boss casually and explain that by law, he has to give you a break. It might work out best if you don't make it sound like your threatening him, ya know? And specifically, who is 'boss', is he a manager or an owner? I've seen managers act this way before, and it's part of their job, but that is a little overboard. If that's the manager, talk to the owner or someone higher-up than a manager. If that's the owner/highest person there, then you have a few options too. If you really wanna keep THAT job, then tell him that you want to keep this job, but that you will work under state labor laws that say you need the 30 min break every 5 hours, but you could risk getting fired. If you did get fired, you could threaten litigation, but restaurants in this day and age can really do anything they want.

he can just as easily fire your ass, and then there will be one less pizza guy in this world.

you're a fucking pizza. l2tempagency.

Back