Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

after reading some of the other responses, i'd like to add to mine the following goal, aside from being authentic to the values i decide are mine:

at all costs, separate myself from "the mass of men"

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I would like to marry the right person and have enough money that it is not a constant worry. I want to be a Sifu and have my own kwoon, and eventually make my own charity or foundation to teach martial arts - like KungFuGrrrl's FOCUS charity, which teaches Chinese martial arts to survivors of domestic violence, which I absolutely love to help/work with. We spend so much time talking and plotting... I want to travel, to write. I've always wanted to write something truly important. I definitely want a family.

Then there are the littler things, like how I want to own real estate, a cafe, buy a couple horses...

I think, in general, that if I can die in peace and knowing that I've done everything that truly mattered to me in my heart, I'll be okay.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I'd love to be able to be as noble and giving as some of the people on this thread. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite a nice person, but I'm all about the money at the moment. I want to live the good life with my fiance and have more than enough to be able to do what we want to do. I probably take it for granted at the moment but I work hard for my money.

The same as most I would love to have children, though not for a few years yet, and be able to have the financial security to actually spend time with them growing up.

I would also love to have my own dojang/gym down the track. I don't know about making it a full time career, but who knows.

Oh, and one other thing. I will have a WRX Sti (but thats just me).

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I would have people respond to my posts! They may not be exciting, but they are realistic questions that I REALLY need help on. SO swallow your "Cool" pride and use your experiences to answer some of my realistic questions, with educated/experienced replies of course!" Contribute knowledge/experience, don't "pretend"! I read books and mags as well, but I am looking for first hand, hard hitting experience with sparring gear, not what "Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob" used in the Grand International Trailor Court Finals to win the coveted "padded Seat Cover Award."

Junior Member aspiringphyscologist's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

the one i have now! no regrets!

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I just hope that I will have a positive impact on someone who I have left behind.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

What is the perfect life for me?
    Dunno

What would make my life perfect?
    I dont want a perfect life.
    I enjoy a challenge and the ability to say that
    I have endured hardships that no one else has.
    Of course I want to be happy .
    But at this moment and at this age(17) ,
    I dont know what it is that will make me happy ,
    but I'm sure having a great time finding out
    And I think thats what the best part of life is,
    searching for whatever it is that will make you happy
    One more thing I do not feel complete, nor do I feel incomplete

Oh Gawd I sound grown up

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I try to live each day in the present and to make that day as perfect as I can make it ... but nothing is ever perfect and you can never be truly satisfied otherwise how can you ever strive for improvement?

I think it was Churchill who said "to improve is to change and to be perfect is to change often. "

... and its a good thing 'cos I love change whereas some people fear it !

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

Not in any order:

1) To find true love.

2) To be an extraordinary parent. (I have a few years before I start worrying about that)

3) To prove to the world and to myself that I am a warrior, and to compete in a fighting league and win more than half of my matches. And forever be known as a martial artist.

4) To have an out-of-body experience

5) Become a 2nd degree black belt (or higher) in 4 or more martial arts.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

EDIT: Never Mind, a misunderstanding on my part..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast