Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior Member beautifulstranger_11's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

bah, depending on money and the support of someone else is not good in my book.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

depending on the support of someone else may not be a good idea, i suppose i can agree with you on that, but money is certainly nessecary.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

my goal is to decide who i am and what kind of morals i want to follow, and then remain authentic to them. everything after that is just a bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I want to have a family and enough money for us all to live comfortably. I wouldn't say no to a nice sports car though!

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I believe everyone is created for a purpose, with a calling. I want to find my calling and fulfill my purpose. Whether rich or poor, popular or not, I will consider my life a success if I achieve this one goal. Whatever difficulty I encounter along the way will be worth it, if at the end of time I can hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

great thread really.

First i started to think about stuff i want such as a job that could let me travel, enough money, etc...
    But then i realised, what i REALLY want in my life is two things, be satisfied with the life i have, and more importantly, i want enough peace of mind and serenity to be able (when my time comes) to die in peace. After all it's the only thing im sure that will happen.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

Honestly, I don't know. I know what would get me close, but then when I have it it won't be enough.

In 38 months (not that I'm counting! ) I'm going to go buy a truck and go round the world. I want to find out whats important. I want to test myself in all ways possible. (physically, emotionally, spiritually.) I want to see the sights of this planet. I want to get past this Plastic-wrapped-mortgage-career-tred-mill-non-existence that the majority accept as life.

I have no intention of coming Back. I will either die, or more hopefully I will meet someone or find a place that I don't want to leave. I will settle down. I would like to teach, but teach from experience, not just the usual classroom dogma. I want to see my children (when I have them!) grow up and be happy and sucessful in everyhting they do. I want a house with a garden so I don't loose touch with nature and life.

That is my perfect life and that will make me happy and completely forfilled.

Until I have it, and then I'll be looking for the next challenge.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I can't say for sure what I want from life yet, but I know that it has nothing to do with wealth or power.

Danzego, I hope you find what you are looking for when you go on the trip you talked about. I've wondered a lot recently if I want to do the same thing. I don't think I'll ever really find peace if I end up with a big house in the suburbs, a stonking great mortgage tying me down, driving a 4x4 and working a 9 to 5 job.

One part I'm sure about is that I want a family, but beyond that I really can't say. I dream of a much simpler life than I have right now, without all the stress, the pointless hassle and the endless progression toward acquiring more and more things and wealth and for what? Anyhow, my post could go on for pages and pages so I'll leave my contribution there.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

I like how positive MAP is! Great stuff so far.

Some thoughts:

- The overall goal of humans is survival. Surviving and procreating, which will insure our species will live on.

- On survival: Every single action we take is towards peace and happiness and away from unhappiness. Everything from eating, to blinking, to pushing certain thoughts out of our heads, to committing suicide. If we were programmed otherwise we wouldn't survive for very long.

-On procreating: This is why a lot of people want to get married on this thread. Humans are pack animals (as detatched as that sounds). Think about it and you'll find its true. So with a partner we get companionship which we like, and sex. We don't get horney because nature wants us to have a good time. We get horney because it ensures the survival of the species... without that driving force we wouldn't reproduce.

I think that for most people life feels dull, like your not really living it. You grasp on to things like youth and objects, and then you suffer when you realize you've gotten old, or your sick, somebody dies, one of your possessions breaks. You don't realize that it is inevitable, so you get upset. That is the essence of life, change. EVERYTHING is changing all the time. Your body, your thoughts, the computer in front of you. Everything is a process, and we are taught to hold onto these passing objects like they are static. You get stuck in a routine of grasping on to things you like, avoiding at all costs things you don't like, and the other 95% of your experience you think is boring. You feel like life is going on somewhere else, and your not living it. Eventually, something happens to you and you suddenly "wake up" and realize whats going to happen to you: your going to die. You break out of the routine, and you feel connected with whats going on around you. Time passes, that feeling eventually goes away as the routine kicks back in, and you stop caring about it; you go back to feeling unconnected with your life.

Enough typing for now. Lol, keep up the good stuff guys.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Before I Die..."

Hrm. Now...there's a question. Life goals? Well, I can try:

To be happy, and know that I've never hurt someone wilfully. To have enough money to do what I want, whilst only using it to do things that are worth doing. To fight in an amateur bout of some kind, at least once. If I can find someone in the end who I love and who loves me, it's all well and good...if not...so be it. Lord, I'm being sappy here. What else? To make some kind of difference in someone's lives, for the better, and to achieve as many things that I once thought impossible as I can.

I think that about covers it. You can have as many plans and desires as you want, but the above pretty much cover however things go, whether it's good or bad.

Just my $0.02,

Take care,

Stalks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast