web host and domain prices??

teacher4ever

Apr 5, 2008
i want to set up an informative website on korean kickboxing and possibly other martialarts in the future, this will hopefully be of benefit to others aswell as earning me a little extra money for when i go to university next year by useing affialate's for recomended books ect.
i have made a small price check and the prices i got were as follows
1) Registering a web domain for 10 years, would cost $10 a year
2) web hosting is about $1 per a page for a month
are these rates good? or can i get them cheaper somewhere else if so where
Thankyou

also how do you get your site to show up on teh google search engine?

u must be crazy.. 1$ per page?? that too for a month..
man there r site where u can just buy domain n they'll give u hosting for 1 yr free...
check out "free hosting" in google
-TkdWarrior-

ok thanx, i will check that out, i dont want to too simple or too complicated type of website, so i will try and find one that suites me best, i hate these yahoo group ones.

um ok, ive also heard that if you do get on google and you create lots of other websites with links to your site it will come near the top of the search engine, is this true and is it legal?

Leo - www.easy-tek.com will tell you all

Theres even an article telling you how to get Search Engines to your site

ARGH!!!!!!!

100mb space, ewwww. Try www.1and1hosting.com or www.1uhost.com .

unfortunately i cant afford to pay monthly costs, i cant guarantee the site will make ne money atall and my current income is 0 pence a month, so there fore i could end up just diping into my saveings and loseing money which isnt a good idea since one reason for the website is to get some extra money for university. If this site works well then perhaps i will set up some larger ones.
this will be the first website i have ever set up.

good news for me actually, if i get one other person to set up a site with the same company then myself and the person i referred gets 100mb extra free.

the stats for the host i am looking at are as follows

100 MB disk storage,
1000 MB monthly traffic,
10 email accounts, with domain

remeber its 200mb if i refer someone and this is my first website, it will be an information site on korean kickboxing and possibly other martialarts in the futre if im succesful. so do you think it is worth $20 for two years.

luckily there are very few sites on korean kickboxing as far as im aware so it should be quite unique.

also a question for people with web experience, how many users at any one time will a 1000mb traffic rate sustain?

Moved to this section from Off Topic as it seemed more suitable and useful here

1000mb traffic??
well depends... if you hav 10 mb download it'll take only 100 users to use up that kind of bandwidth... simple...
doteasy is good deal... I didn't knew before setting up my site otherwise I would hav get domain from them..

legal?? yes it is...
truth?? depends...
listen the website u create will not get in google unless it's referred by another site which is already in google's database... for ex.. Martialartsplant.com .... that too Map has to explicitly gives u link... then u'll get indexed.
so it' doens't matter how many sites u create n link it to ur site.. it's useless...
now there's exception to this rule too..
if you have site on let say "LEOstyleTKD" and this is the only site with relevant info... google will show ur site as result...
if u r creating a site on Korean styles.. you have way tooo much competition... it might take time to get indxed in google...
-TkdWarrior-

my website isnt on korean styles, only korean kickboxing, there are very few websites with nformaion on it and only only one that is specifically korean kickboxing tho thsi site has no information on the style it is just a forum.

Dont, i repeat DONT!, go with 1uhost.com

The prices are too good to be true. Im currently looking for a new host, and i read some reviews on 1uhost.com and every reviewer gave it 1 out of 10.

Here's the reviews of 1uhost.com for those who wish to read it.

To help the case use Cascading style sheets for layout and proper valid semantic html/xhtml so that you are seperating content from layout and the search engines will able to spider the content better as there should be a less code to content ratio.

Hope that helps mate.

Dont go with 1and1 either...they nice until you have a problem then they dont want to know....i had several months downtime and they never answered the phone or replied to emails....eventually had to threatent o move if they didnt sort it...next day was back up, but no explanation

Back