Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Enter the MAPtrix" (Aegis makes 1k)

Well, for my 1000th post I thought I might try to say something interesting. However, this would be the first time ever and I feel I should probably have put in some practice at some point. Making sense is hard enough for me, so don't expect miracles.

I'm sure everyone is either aware or becoming aware that MAP is in fact like a cunningly designed trap: you arrive here and you get caught, never to escape fully. The real world still exists in a vague sort of way, but here is just much more fun. In addition to that, plugging in to MAP is like plugging into the matrix in many ways: you can change what you look like, how you act and how you fight with no more than the touch of a button. Then you can take on entire legions of normal humans and still win. (some of us can do this in reality of course )

Having said that, most people are merely extensions of their real selves on MAP. I have met a lot of people online through MAP, and am expecting that if and when I get to meet them in the real world they will be exactly as they are here: just normal people who happen to share a common interest with me.** Because irregardless of where we come from and whatever else we do, we all have 2 things in common here: martial arts and humanity (though KE might miss out on the second by a few chromosones here and there ). Martial arts will not lift us above the rest of humanity, nor will they allow us to do superhuman feats, but we still continue to train day in, day out. We do this for various reasons, but it still gives us something in common.

Now, having said THAT, there will always be differences in opinion. Some martial artists will like chi, others will enjoy their heavy sparring, some of us like weapons, others don't. Martial arts are made up of all sorts of people with all sorts of training requirements, but there is something out there for anyone with the remotest interest in martial arts.

Sites like MAP exist to allow those of us who train to swap ideas and chat away to our hearts content, and to allow those looking for information to find a huge store of it all in one place. Yes, they may find themselves flooded with seemingly conflicting information from all angles (especially if they ask a controversial question), but the important fact is that they get information to sort out for themselves.

This post has no higher meaning than that. It is designed to thank the MAP comunity for being here and supplying us all with good laughs, good debates and good information.

Thanks for reading, let's continue to make MAP one of the best resources for martial arts out there.

** People may be surprised to hear this, but I'm not actually a ginger ape, as my avatar would suggest. The hair has darkened since that picture, though I still retain the same basic features.*** You can't miss me really.

***This bit was also a lie. Anyone who has seen my MSN avatar may recognise the waterskier in the picture there if they ever go to a MAP meet with me there

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you proposing evolution?! You dog...you know from experience that evolution can't be true...

Nice post, I second that- thanks for all the great info everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats to you Aegis....

.... hey that all made a bit of sense to me.

It's a miracle!!!

The best by far 1000th post!

Downloads
    Uploads

good post!

congrats on breeching the 1,000 post mark!

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work, Aegis! Congratulations on the 1,000th!

Downloads
    Uploads

some day i to will be at a thousand

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats on the 1K post, Aegis... Now I'll save it to read when I'm not medicated...

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Post Ian

I actually understood that, so that must mean I spend too much time talking to you on MSN and in chat

Downloads
    Uploads

Now that we know you can post coherently, we're going to expect more of them Congrats on the 1000 Aegis

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats on the 1,000 Aegis. And thank you for being one of the people that make MAP the special place that it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast