Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

A reason not to drink and drive this Christmas

Thanks everyone for sharing on a very touchy subject. Even though I've seen the poem before, it still gave me the shivers. The first time I read it, it brought tears to my eyes. Kwajman and Paratus, you made me remember that something like this can strike anyone, even though you feel safe, and yourself behave responsibly. I am sorry for your loss, little as that may mean from someone who cannot understand. Take care over Christmas and New Years everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads

You too? I'm here litrally shivering.

For the first time in so many years, my eyes are blurry.

Please don't let anyone you know get in a car after the've been drinking this christmas. The road toll is high enough. Even if its a beer or two a few hours before, it can still effect your driving.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen that before as well, it definetly makes you think. I reckon they should make it illegal to drink and drive regardless of how much you have drunk, because if your light and have not eaten all day even one drink can impact upon your reaction times e.t.c and its definetly not a risk that should even be considerd.

Merry christmas everyone, lets hope this poem has made some people stop and think.

Downloads
    Uploads

The laws regarding drunk driving suck. Probation? Community service? The law should be that the drunk driver must be sent to prison to give the inmates give him some "conjugal visits." (think Deliverance style.) They shoudn't be released untill they develop a permanent limp!

Downloads
    Uploads

Another reason not to drink and drive (this one for New Years's)

http://www.onlyinternet.net/bmeyer/drunkdriving.htm

Junior Member DavidArchuletafantt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

When my wife was killed I wasn't allowed to speak at the trial's closing. I wish that these photos had been available then. I'm sure the guy who hit her feels awful, feels his life is over. But I wanted to show the jury the pictures of my son who died, what a couple of drinks did to my life and the life of my family... I have never received a letter, a card, or an apology since the last day of the trial from the guy who hit my wifes car.
    When his wife spoke at the trial, of the impact a jail sentence would have on her and her two kids, I about puked. A drunk driver is just as bad as a murderer. I don't hate anyone in this world, but if I saw him on the street, he still lives in the town my wifes family is from, I don't know if I could contain myself. Bitter? You'd better believe it. At the driver, his family who defended him, and the court system that let him off with probation. Sorry that I got on my soap box again...

Downloads
    Uploads

You have all the right to Kwajman

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey man, you have a REAL message to spread. Please take all the time on the "soap box" as needed (by both you and any potetial drunk drivers.)

Those photos show the chilling reality of DUI. Maybe if they showed this kind of stuff people would smarten the %$#@ up and STAY AWAY FROM THERE CAR after having drinks. The law would put someone away for "accidentally" sooting someone, or "accidentally" killing (or even severely injuring) an attacker in self defence. Yet DUI puts people in a state where they are no longer responsible for there actions!?! YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK!!!! If you can't hold your liquor enough to keep from hurting people, then you should try non-alchoholic subtitutes.

Downloads
    Uploads

abby, those photos are scary. I hope that they are thought provoking to everyone who sees them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just read that, I agree, it should be on an advert on t.v and maybe in places like pubs as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast