Must split log.....

Mamamila

Feb 22, 2008
I decided tonight to split up some pieces of wood that were in my garage so we could sit by the fire tonight. Little did I know what I was getting into.

I hacked away at 10 of the 11 pieces and really had no problem at all. Then came #11. The first swing of the axe was like hitting a brick wall. My next swing was locked in the log so hard I had to pry it out using my feet to hold the log down.

What happened next was a blur. Next thing I know I'm swinging wildly at this stupid log, determined I was going to 'win'. I truly have no idea how many times I swung at that dumb thing.

I have split my fair share of wood in my days, but never have I ever met anything quite like this little 8inch diameter log.

Defeat was not an option for me. I swung and swung until it felt my arms were going to fall off. FINALLY one little piece popped off the side and that was enough for me to call it a 'victory'.

Now I am sore and ready to pass out nect to this fire I have built - which just happens to contain that special little log I spent so much energy on.

Looks like I did win after all.

Ever have this happen to you before??

Actually I've had this happen and I won with a wedge and a sledge. Train smarter to train harder.

I think we all know what the problem here is; you trained in a traditional wood chopping school and only practiced compliant chopping skills, so of course you couldn't use it on a fully resisting log.

Good analysis. He should have used a mixed wood chopping school. This would have granted him t3h ub3r l337 5k1ll5 to take his axe to the ground through the log.

I was really wishing I had a sledge on this one!

I don't know, and it's too late to tell. I only had two of them and they have since turned to ash and smoke.

Back