Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Respect! We would not be cosy, taking our ease high on the hog's back if not for their sacrifice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

"God gives us these days of peace".

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Wait a minute, I work for hte government and I have to work on a Holiday????? HOly smokes.

Hats off to all hte veterans and active duty soldiers around the world....

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Nice post. People fought and died, in a clear battle against evil in WWII especially. Thank your lucky stars they were willing to do it and take a moment to listen to the old duffer in the pub, at the bus stop or on the train; he might just be telling you how he helped make sure you get religious and racial tolerance, to vote and to speak English.

Respect, rememberance and gratitude to them.

Mitch

Junior Member flawedmuchanotnoticed's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Well, we actually don't speak English over here but both my grandfathers fought in the second WW. So I have massive respect for these people.

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Aye, hats off to the ANZACS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Just been watching the news report on the oldest WW1 veteran going back to France for the rememberance events there. He is 107 this year (I think it said), and one of only 10 remaining veterans of that war.

I truely hope he and his fellows live to see the 90th Anniversary of the Armistace.

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

Yes, absolutely, I should have been more careful in my phrasing for exactly that reason. Many apologies Jesh, no offence intended.

Similarly, no offence to German posters; there were many German soldiers that fought with honour in both wars.

The poppy remembers them all.

Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember

None taken mate. The meaning of your original post was clear to me, I just needed to rectify that little bit.

A very solid point. Everybody treats the Germans as if they all were warcriminals. History has shown that they weren't, in fact most warcrimes were committed by a small group of fanatical Germans and a very, very large group of other nationalities from conquered territories (Serbs, Ukranians, Latvians etc.).

Most German soldiers were honorable men, let's not forget that they have a huge military tradition and they had great respect for their opponents.

So although they're actually still my countries Nemesis, be it on the footbalpitch nowadays, I salute them and all the other people that fell in both great wars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12