Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Longest time without sleep?

What's the longest time you've ever gone without any sleep and how did it affect you?

Downloads
    Uploads

38 hours, after about 34 i hit a new PR in the front squat

had a 24hour sleep after and took a few days to recover. not worth not sleeping

Downloads
    Uploads

36 hours, when I had to come back home from the UK and I had a messy travelling schedule.
    I had drunk lots of energy drinks so no problems for the first 24 hours, after that I started to feel very fatigued, slow and as if I perceived everything with some delay...a sort of real world lag plus a bonus headache, super-appetite and the heart beating like mad.

Anyway I'm quite curious about experimenting with sleep depriving, those who have tried reported really weird states of mind.
    But damn, I'm afraid no sleep & I will become very close friends as soon as I start university

Downloads
    Uploads

About 63 hrs, flew from Australia to the UK but got detained then sent back home, It didn't affect me too badly cause I was quite annoyed over the whole thing but I think I slept for like a day and a half when I finally got home, definitely agree with Zaad though, long hrs without sleep isn't worth it.

Downloads
    Uploads

About four of five days back in the 90's. wasn't uncommon then
    You get very 'spaced out' that's about all I remember, you certainly knew about it but too many other things contributing to the chaos to know for sure

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a whole other story in there...

Downloads
    Uploads

4hrs, I'm a napper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dont remember how many hours, think it was 24 hours and I had to go into work, night shift roving security guard at a luxurious beach condo. I swear I hallucinated that night from the lack of sleep, I would have to clear the pool area make sure no one is hanging out or swimming, in each beach/ lawnchair thing around the pool, I would see someone laying back on it, and I would get ready to walk up to them and say "Im sorry (sir/ma'm) the pool is closed" and I would get right up to the "person" and its just a beach chair empty, but this kept happening since I had to circle the entire pool area, after the 2nd time "it" fooled me, the next one I saw I thought to myself "ok this time it has GOT to be a real person" ... it wasnt.

Either that or the place was haunted since it was an old peoples mainly residence and many would die in there , on a beautiful beach.

Downloads
    Uploads

Around 72 hours. In my teen years, playing secret of mana on the Snes.
    Ended up hallucinating and went to sleep, for a
    Looong time.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it was 48 or so hours. How did it affect me? I think it just made my brain going into a different mode like my subconscious was running me. Oddly enough, when I finally went to sleep... it was only for about 3 or 4 hours, but now I cannot remember why I was up for that amount of time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast