Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Longest time without sleep?

There was this one time I had to wear steel toe boots for 72 hours straight and every time I started dozing off a person would slam a medicine ball on my stomach and then I would be asked a strange question. It was a long 72 hours and my feet really hurt afterwards.

Downloads
    Uploads

ummmm, hmmmm

Downloads
    Uploads

About 3 days. I was in Hong Kong working like 3 jobs, Production Assistant for a Production Company, Background extra (for the money) and a general personal assistant.

I took 2 big jobs at the same time, one working nights and other during the day. I may have napped for 2mins now and then between train journeys.

But by the end of it, I got 4 days off and pretty much slept through like 2 days.

Now I work a lot of variable 24hr shifts, and its not uncommon for me to stay up like 20-30hrs a day at some points.

Downloads
    Uploads

Approx. 36 hours. Last year or maybe the year before, I stayed up all night doing something (I don't remember now what I was working on), and then I continued throughout the day's normal schedule. And then after dinner I crashed.

I thought it'd be cool staying up like that. I thought it'd be no problem. Wrong. Like other people said, staying up that long is not good for the body. I haven't done it since.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it was 36 hours or so. Moviemarathon.
    We rented 10 action movies, and had one extra. We watched 2 movies, and then we took a break to go to the movie theatre to watch the current hot action movie. And then we got back and watched the remaining ones back to back. Every second movie, we'd have a break, make fries and sausage, and then continue.

The other slackers all skipped one or 2 movies, but I persevered.

After we were through, I helped my friend clean up, and I do remember that for some reason, suddenly everything became hilarious and we started laughing with each others silliness like beavis and butthead. That was sleep deprivation.

Good times...
    My brother and I played that game through. He was the one main character with the sword, and I was the midget spell caster. It was a great game.

Junior Member rene_16@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sixty-something hours, on a combination bender/poorly designed self-experiment at University. I started hearing my name called from behind me every couple of minutes, seeing non-existent people standing in my peripheral vision and shivering a lot. I slept for twelve hours or so and felt fine afterwards.

Downloads
    Uploads

5.5 days. I meditated as frequently as I could.

Downloads
    Uploads

A week.

I get chronic sore throats every year that make it impossible to sleep. Each time I went a week without sleep.

we're lucky though. I feel bad for people that have FFI, fatal familial insomnia. If I had that I would have been asking for a jack kevorkian. I read up on it and the longest survival time when symptoms emerge is 3 years. And you don't sleep. For usually about 18 months, but 3 years is the longest.

Downloads
    Uploads

My record shift working is 24 hours, midnight till midnight so there's an extra days sleep missed out there.

Before final deadlines at uni I did a few all nighters then worked all day too so that was about 2-3 days. It really sucks, it's bad for you, physically and mentally.

I remember a few parties lasting 2 or so days and nights but I guess we were, ermm assisted into wakefulness.

Downloads
    Uploads

A bit past sixty hours.

Combination of children, touring with the band, and peak marking season at work. To anyone I marked during that very 'interesting' period, sorry, or maybe, you should think yourself lucky.....

One very, very strange experience. The scary thing is that when I did finally go to sleep it was back stage, around about two meters away from one of the speaker stacks. I was sort of vibrated into a deep coma :-)

paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast