Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If we evolved from bacteria then why are the sewers not riddled with poo monsters?

I mean poo has been accumulating for millions of years. Many evolutionists believe we evolved from bacteria that was in the water of comets when they hit the earth. Bacteria in water is coliform, which is microscopic bacterial poop particles from other organisms that poo. In this case, from a scientific standpoint, wouldn't there have to be aliens somewhere pooing on giant water filled rocks and projecting them at the earth for all of this to have taken place?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coliform_bacteria

@alwbsok: I did not suggest poo had been around millions of years in sewers. I indicated that it had been around fer millions of years. Even so, not all poo gets flushed out of a sewer. Sometimes, you might have a clinger. The clinger becomes impervious to flushing upon hardening. So it could be a possibility, whether sewers had been around fer millions of years or not. Your statement is a logical felaciosy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your understanding of biology is really quite impressive, thanks for your observations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a scientist, but I would guess it's a combination of two factors:

1) The sewers have not been around for millions of years, and poo (with associated bacteria) has not been accumulating there for nearly long enough, and more importantly:
    2) The sewers are being constantly flushed through with water, preventing the bacteria from better adapting to their environment.

"Your statement is a logical felaciosy."

I don't think you know what that word means. Actually, I don't know what that word means. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone knows what that word means.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha!

....oh, you're serious.
    Umm...I didn't expect that. Ummm....

*calls 911 and asks for a straightjacket*

Junior Member ThunderFromTheSouth's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't see the poo monsters that are everywhere?

Downloads
    Uploads
    mayhap the chlorine some what deters evolution.....they do tend to treat waste......unless of course they have one of those "accidents" where it dumps right into the river.....and who the hell knows what manner of 3 eyed fish or poo man is living in the Red River......

I understand that US rivers are so full of other chemicals they can burn, so that does not seem conducive to life to me.