I was first struck with bells palsy almost a year ago (october time when I was 17) and although I'm about 98% recovered I still have an ongoing fear that any little thing can trigger another onset - as apparently you're more likely to get it after having it the first time.

I'm due to fly to New York next april and this will be the first time flying since the 'attack' even though my face is recovered and functioning normally again I'm just wondering will i be okay to fly? This will be my first long distance flight (around 6-7 hours) and i'm just concerned about the change in pressure from ascending and descending affecting my ears and causing an inflammation of the nerve again - hence another onset. I really don't want to walk off the plane having to land in NY realizing i can't move one side of my face again :/

At the same time I don't want to have to avoid flying for the rest of my life and I really don't want to turn down this opportunity especially since i've paid for most of the trip - it's a trip with the school/sixth form.

It might seem like a silly question but can someone who's experienced this or known others experience this be able to put my mind at ease about flying. This fear of having another onset is really taking hold of my life - i'm cautious about every little thing I do at the moment with the weather becoming colder :/
Thanks