Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New to car Audio but want the best please help!?

Ok. Let me start off by saying that my max for the subs and amp and wiring kit is 900$ I already have a head unit (2013 MODEL PIONEER AVH-X1500) the car is a 2004 4-door honda civic and I'm thinking of adding a h.o. Alternator. I'd like 2 12's or 15's and I'm going to do all the work my self include building a ported box. I'm pretty new to wiring but I'm sure I can find it on YouTube. After I put everything in I'm putting in 2 6.5" and 2 6x9"s component system. I would like it to flex my doors windows and roof.. I just want to be different at my school and I want to be herd from blocks away. Please just give me top of the line stuff perf. From amazon and leave the links. And I just wanna hit super hard thats for all the answers!!
    Avi? Are you kidding me? I could get 2 sundown sa 12's and an amp for 700
    Rail thanks alot!! And will I have to upgrade my alternator or get a second battery?

Ehh rail thats way to much! Will the subs work with my regular alternator only if I use them when the car is on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is no way youw ill be able to get 2 12's or 2 15's wiring and an amp for 900 dollars unless you get really lucky on craislist

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't spam with the same question. Here is my previous answer to your question with a budget of $650 for amp and sub(s):

Options for Sub(s)
    Two SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 (Dual 4 ohm) (wire coils and subs in parallel for 1 ohm)
    http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/pro...

One ASCENDANT AUDIO HAVOC 15 (Dual 2 ohm) (wire coils in parallel for 1 ohm)
    http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/pro...

Amp:
    Audioque (aka SoundQubed) Q1-1200D (rated for 1200w rms at 1 ohm)
    http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Ampli...

And if you wanted recommendations on the sub box, about 75sq in of port would be good, about 4 cubic feet after displacement, and a tuning of about 32 hertz. Don't expect a LOT of flex, but there should definitely be some.

The two 12's will be slightly louder because you will have more cone area than one 15.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AQ amp and two SA12's will be $660, and you would have a 1200w rms system, not bad at all. But since you have upped your budget to $900, there are more options.

Amp: Stick with AQ (they have good amps for the money). Beef up to a Q1-2200D.

Sub options (least expensive to most expensive. Also the more expensive ones will be louder):
    SSA XCON 15" (under budget by $27)
    Sundown Audio Z v.3 15" (over budget by $10)
    Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15" (over budget by $20)

I would go with the Mayhem, its only $20, and the difference will be there. With this you will have a 2200w rms system, although the Mayhem is rated for 2500w rms (it can take a little bit more than that). This will be pretty loud, just make sure you don't clip the amp. Yet again, don't expect a LOT of flex, but now you will be getting pretty noticeable flex. Also, its cool to bump your system, but don't do it just to show off or be obnoxious and attention seeking. If you play it loudly, you will gain attention. Not always the good kind. Thieves love it too when you blast it loudly so they know exactly where you park. And be respectful at night time because in residential areas people will hear you.

Edit: Yes you will need a high output alternator for sure. At least 200A, but more wouldn't hurt, especially if you plan to upgrade in the future. At least one extra battery would be a good idea too. Alternators you can look at Mechman or DC Power (there are others of course but these two are very popular and work well), batteries you can check out XS Power and Kinetik Power. Also you should do the "big 3" (upgrading a couple runs of factory wiring under the hood with 0 gauge), and you will need to run at least one run of 0 gauge to your amp from your battery. Have fun and enjoy your vehicle flex when you get it.

Edit #2 lol: Good lord yes only play these subs when your vehicle is on, otherwise your battery will get killed real quick. And will it work on the stock alt? Yes. Will it work to the full potential? No. You will almost certianly experience a lot of light dimming. Your voltage will drop a lot, don't let it drop below 11v. A lot of cars have a 105A stock alternator, this would get you roughly 1200 watts to work with when the alt is at maximum output. It will work, it will still be loud, but take it easy and make sure you don't clip the amp. It will be fine like that until you can save up more money to get a HO alt, just don't abuse the amp and sub.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah don't listen to Avi. Idk what world he is living in. I work with cheaper stuff because I don't have the money to buy awesome gear so I can't really help you there. But here is my suggestion, go to caraudio.com and create a profile and what not then start a forum about this. These guys are the guys that go to db drags and some own audio shops. They'll help you get exactly what you want.